1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Golfer, New clubs which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Feb 3, 2017.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Odyssey that is 20 years old.

2. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Scotty Cameron Newport /discussion

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Well I may have found the clubs today. Went to Dicks and got lucky,and there was an older gentlemen who was more then will to help me out. I went in and hit about 25-30 balls and only had to miss hits where I was trying to swing to hard. The number wasn't eye popping but farther then my current setup and very very consistent,which I liked the best.

I didn't get a pic of the other clubs I hit but, I tried even some higher endclubs and no where close to the look of the one in the pic. Alot more offor the toe. I didn't buy just for the simple fact I wanna try one more set but they didn't have them in stock.

I can't tell you how excited I am to find a set that I feel confident with and hit constantly every time.

Attached Files:

4. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Well...What were they?

5. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Nice! What are you looking at?

playing a Miura KM-350 putter and have upgraded my TaylorMade PSI Tours with S400 shafts (will be selling :) )to Miura CB-57s 4-6 iron and MB blades 7-PW with Project X 6.0 taper shafts. Swing weight D3 in the longer irons and D4 in the 7-PW. Like a kid in a candy shop.

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have Dunlops, but it looks like the Bridgestones might be an option. I don't think either Michelin or Pirelli have clubs. Does your course require a spec club? I would probably go with the Bridgestones. I don't like the Dunlops in the rain as I just don;t think they give me as much feel at the edge. Maybe Stickboy can get you set up.

7. assjuice cyrus

They were the Taylormade speedblades. Really excited. I'll be going to golf galaxy and have them fitted and order here on the 28th. I can not wait.

omatter34 likes this.
  8. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I play an older set of mizuno mp57's. They are technically a cavity back but it's about the smallest cavity out there. I did lots and lots of experimenting two years ago and this is what I've found, the head of the iron is only part of the battle, finding the shaft that you like best will be what helps most with confidence.

I tried literally every shaft out there, my uncle runs a golf shop in Bethesda Md and we spent a lot of time working on this. Swing speed says I should play xtra stiff shafts, I however hated them. Didn't matter the brand I couldn't get use to the X shaft. I found project x shafts in 5.5 (splitting the difference from stiff and X) were the ticket for me. Go somewhere with about 2 hours to kill and figure out a shaft that works well with the head you like. I promise it will make a huge difference.

9. assjuice cyrus

What do you guys know about bending clubs?

I'm reading you can bend stainless and forged, and then some people are saying that you can bend forged and stainless but it won't hold the bend. Then there's you can bend both but will need rechecked every year?

What do you guys know about this process? Just to get as much knowledge for when I go get fitted.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You can bend both and both will hold, but forged clubs generally use a softer steel which you can bend easier/further.

I've never checked bends a year or two after the fact; that seems to be a bit OCD.

11. Bruh.

NTTIAWWT of course. :D

12. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I knew it I knew it I knew it...soon as I posted that i knew someone was gonna catch that. Golf officially needs to rename club components

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Nope. Filed for bankruptcy.

"The Chapter 11 petition, filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Fort Worth on Saturday, lists both assets and liabilities between $1 million and $10 million. Among its top creditors are Perry Ellis International, which licensed the Hogan name to the company, owed $267,500, and Conti Edgecliff-Sias LLC, its landlord in south Fort Worth, owed $77,256.74."
    Meet Bryson deChambeau.

Mixed bag of results, IYAM

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  14. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Some guy named Arnold Palmer had a shop where he tinkered with clubs all the time. Then again, he was a pretty decent golfer even without the tinkering, IIRC.

Once you spend all your money on the arrows, spend the same amount to improve the Indian. Betcha a dozen Pro V1x the money you spend on the Indian part will drop 4 strokes from your score faster than the arrows you bought.

omatter34 likes this.
  15. assjuice cyrus

Send that dozen of prov1 as the Indian is worked on getting better daily. But if you knew what my current setup is, you would agree is time for some new arrows. Lol

Its like suspension, it need to be set lupus for the rider, or you just doing nothing but learning how to ride around bad habits and costing you time. :D

16. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Gotcha. Thought you were going down the "I gotta go faster so build me a Superbike motor even though I can't ride my kid's Big Wheel to max" train wreck.

Know about the old stuff. Got new irons 'cuz 2 of them snapped off just above the hozel. :eek: Thought about Ping i, but went with the G. I blame it on being born before Harry Truman was elected president. ;)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Golf? We're talking about golf?

What kind of self respecting motorcyclist has time for golf. Three hours on the links is three hours of wasted riding time. :D

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

My dentists thinks it's fucking hilarious that my two hobbies are bikes and golf. I get in anywhere from 30-50 rounds per year (save for last year when I was injured from April-September).

G 97 likes this.
  19. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I play the Titleist 716 AP1's. I could play better golf but hovered around a 12 handicap. Short game has always been my main issue. At one point before my 2nd son was born I was playing 100+ times a year. Mostly 9 holes after work before heading home. I also like the Apex forged irons as well. Now my game is crap I stopped tracking my handicap because I don't play enough. If I play any team events I tell them Im an 18. Go to the PGA store and hit them all then decided after you see some launch monitor numbers. Not really as accurate as being outside but better than nothing. Get fitted as well.