1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. I am not sure. But rigging up a hitch sounds like a good idea.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's fine, I'd win it. Would save me some money since I'd have to pay Ev back for the credits :D

3. It would almost be worth it just to see you riding a Grom. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

They are a 4 speed with a clutch

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I thought that was Spies at first...

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Chris, better ask Livengood about the pcV. they cannot adjust the closed loop portion of the system, and probably wont be able to in the near future. may need to get a bazzaz (if they can adjust the closed loop), or hack the ecu some how. my dyno guy is researching it for us before we drop the coin on a pipe and tuner.

ski

7. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

PC-V + WB2 will work.
    The PC-V alone only adjusts the 80-100% throttle map, while below that is still closed-loop and controlled by factory ECU (and pretty lean). Adding the WB2, snipping the factory O2 sensor (and adding the WB sensor) will allow the PC-V to adjust the AF ratio on the fly for the closed-loop setting.

8. skidooboy

my guy says that will not work. and it wont help due to the factory ecu closed loop. it wont change the closed loop, it will only help getting the power commander to target from 80-100% throttle only.

we need a fix. Ski

9. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

10. Motec solves all your problems.

11. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yo Broome - you order my bike and parts yet?

13. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

My dealer just got one in ;) they have good brakes from the factory I don't know that it takes jumps better than the zuma though.. :D

14. skidooboy

front brakes are squeaky on all groms I have seen. Broome wont like that, vesrah and brembo will be happy he bought a grom. :D

Ski

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I wish I had see this thread before I dumped a grand into my KLX110. I live in an urban area, you could go crazy with this thing in an empty parking lot and it would be (almost) legal! Well, more legal than it would on a KLX.....

17. skidooboy

unless I missed it, I cant find where you can buy the ecu seperatley. Ski

18. I am really, really trying to hold out till I get home and can test ride one, at least around the parking lot. But I still have a week left at work, not sure I can hold out that long.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You do need to ride it first, but given that your current pitbike is green and doesn't match your pit setup whatsoever, you'd be safe to get the Grom, sell the KLX and still come out ahead.

:D

20. Dude. Excellent call.