1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You're welcome. Don't tell Lora I was the final swing vote.

2. Too late. :crackup:

I just got finished emailing her and telling her you made a good point. :D

Even if i didnt want to ride it around town every day, it would still be a great bike for the track because it would match and because it is street legal. So i could take it to the gas station, store, around the grounds at Barber, etc.

But most importantly, it would match. I am sure you have notice how my current pit bike is always parked off somewhere by itself. :D

3. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Chris you won't be disappointed. It's a fun little bike, but make sure you get the gearing handled because it feels like turd without doing that.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Well I haven't gotten a mad text ..

.. yet. :D

6. Haha. She is busy at work this morning. Don't worry though, you will soon. :D

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL...Eddie is the swing vote.

I think you need to put a small ball on it and roll with a fold-it trailer. Never know when you might need to buy out the local convenience store.

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Just one more reason the XR100 is superior for all applications that don't involve (legal) street use. I can break 4 XR's before approaching the cost of a stock Grom, then break 2 more in exhaust, rearsets, etc.

But I do hope the Grom catches on. It would be great to snag them for $1500 in a few years when they're absurdly common on the used market.

9. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

can one please screen shot that one :up: :crackup:

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I just want it for the PGM-FI. I bet the system is good for at least 1hp on a stock XR/CRF

11. No doubt. :D

Those little gold Brembo Grom calipers are funny to me. Going to have to make that happen, regardless of how good the OEM brakes are. :crackup:

12. She said "tell Eddie I got a whooooooole lot of hushup for him". :crackup:

13. What is the stock gearing?

What should I do, go -1 in the front? Can it reach redline with stock gearing?

14. Good call. :D

I am going to rig up something like that so i can pull the tire cart with it. Something like Eddie has on the Zuma. That comes in handy.

I know but the XR100 doesnt make me laugh. I already have an XR100. I need a Grom. The XR is a tool, the Grom is funny.

15. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

It likely won't. I hit redline on mine at the track with stock gearing (vid I posted), and it was indicating 72mph. It was flat ground, no draft, but there was likely a bit of a tailwind. Every other time I haven't been able to hit the limiter, and it tops out around 64-67mph. That's fully tucked, and I'm small. -1 on the front would probably work well, and you'd be able to pull redline, which would probably be right around 65mph.

16. Thanks. Sounds exactly like -1 is what i need.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Just wait until I suggest you get two of them, so you can ride down the aisle together. :up:

18. Dude you are on it today!

19. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

yep! also cant wait to get my hands on those components.

20. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Broome is gonna call in to a place.. yea i got a grom.. i need ERRRRTHANG!!