1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Spent most of the weekend detailing the car.
    At least it will stay clean for a while now.
    Deep clean of the bike is the next project. image1.jpeg

GM GIXXER, cpettit and Jon Wilkens like this.
  2. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I'm still working my regular job- in healthcare.
    This winter break here in the midwest I have got lots done on my ride already, before the Covid 19 thingy.
    During this Covid Alarm/Scare- I've been fixing lots of handyman things around the house, wall switches, door knobs, bvrewing/bottling HOme brew IPA beer, etc.

I've been riding on the drier, 30'sF to 40'sF days.

This was w/in the last week, 2005 Gix LIter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Hey Motofun, I have a red gas tank for a CB400F laying in the garage. From what I remember it looks OK but has a knee dent in it. You can have it if you'll pay shipping plus enough for a 12 pack of bottled Bud. If you want it don't send any money until after you get it. I might be slow on shipping it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  4. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Taller bars on the Streetfighter and lower bars on the Multi.
    I've been building interior sliding barn doors for my bedrooms. How is that bike related you ask? Because I used clutch springs from an old racebike as spacers for the floor rollers...
    My 401k !

cpettit likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LMAO

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

j cal, Photo, pfhenry and 11 others like this.
  7. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Not my most stellar work but it gets the job done;)

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Hear, hear! I, too, keep my bikes in running order. :beer: Sometimes I'm asked: "why don't [you] just grab another bike when one breaks down?". I think we know the answer to that question!

Crickets ain't a bad thing, when compared to a continuous onslaught of low-ballers (which I'm getting a bit of). I have two bikes up for sale. Getting offers with the same old sales pitch: "<25-50-percent-below-sale-price> is all I can offer" and "Cash in hand". Might sound reasonable if I were on the buying end... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  10. DmanSlam

I like the inspiration behind this thread. Yeah, a lot of us are probably experiencing work slowdown or no work at all. I have come to realize that the old excuse of 'not enough time' is not really an excuse at all.

Reasons:
    1) It's a good time to travel if you're out of work but still have the means and resources to ride (assuming it is prudent to ride). But, for other reasons than 'not enough time', you are not traveling
    2) Up till now, 'not enough time' was the reason projects, chores or whatever were not getting down. But, for me, with not working, those projects, chores or whatever are STILL NOT getting done (save for the motorcycle wrenching).

:timeforabeer:

11. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I love that Audi! Fantastic color as well.
    I recently had to drive the I8 from Casa Grande, AZ to San Diego and since the road was dead empty I was cruising around 105mph in my wife's G37 and then one of those Audi's came flying by. I tailed him for a while until he started to push 135 +mph.

Circacee and rafa like this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

They are Jemcos. Hella nasty and loud!

13. DmanSlam

Agreed. DIY suggestion: You can actually make one very simply, using only a vinyl/plastic school folder and a pair of scissors.

motion likes this.
  14. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Busting out my 1993 GMC Sonoma minitruck project. New LS drivetrain, all new chassis wiring, complete interior redo, new stereo system.

Scotty87 and cpettit like this.
  15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Nice you building a sweet 90's lowrider mini truck? Hope the bed lifts up and twirls around!

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Order of work that has been completed in the last couple months:

- 2 strong SV pump gas motors rebuilt from the bottom up. One bike was on the dyno in November. The other bike is being finished up in the next couple days and will go to the dyno.
    - Rebuilt the 71 Iron Head Harley motor completely from top to bottom
    - Replacing points and condenser in the 74 Z50
    - Cleaned the carb and replaced the fuel line and filter on the KE175. It fired up after 4 or 5 kicks
    - Next on the list is going to be tearing apart the motor on the 2001 XR100

cpettit likes this.
  17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Thank you, yes the blues you can get from Audi are pretty sweet. This one is Crystal Ara Blue, but Sepang and Narago Blue are pretty nice too.
    They can be pretty quick cars with just an ECU flash, im very happy with it so far.

18. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Not that wild...I want to actually use it. lol It will be lowered with ground effects though. Looking for a nice solid topper for it. Nothing says minitruck like a topper.

cpettit likes this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

CT70?