1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Whatcha working on through this time of social distancing? I know alot still have to go to work (i'm working from home until further notice which is usually 9-3 each day) but are you wrenching any more during this? I've been in the garage afternoon for few hours and getting some stuff done. Oil changed in both cars, new wipers on both, bout to do a valve cover gasket on one, just bought new plugs for both cars and got the summer wheels put on.

Then i drug out my ZX7 that had been running like shit when i last rode it about 7 or 8 months ago. Pulled the carbs to clean them and found the outer two main jets had come lose and were laying in the float bowls. Nice easy fix so i went ahead and installed a fox twin clicker that i scored off ebay a while back. Then decided to clean her up while i was at it. Then decided to take some pics. See how shit snowballs when you've got nothing else to do? lol.

IMG_0809.JPG image12_jpeg.jpg

Attached Files:

2. cpettit

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

No wrenching as of now. Cleaning and purging though. If it’s been in a box in my garage for the last 3 years I clearly don’t need it and it’s getting pitched. Did get a couple of pieces of motorcycle art hung on my walls though.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Not much different really. Out in the garage most nights anyways. My routine has changed very little, including going shooting(now).

5. cpettit

6. cpettit

It's crazy how different it has affected people. I travel almost all the time for work and very seldom have weeknights at home and when i do there is little time for garage work. Usually, if i'm around, Thursdays are garage night either at home or my brothers shop. Now i feel like i'm gonna be done with all my work before summer even gets here and i'll have to ride the damn things all summer!

baconologist and trussdude like this.
  7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Spencer and Lawson, two American legends.

Attached Files:

SpeedyE and cpettit like this.
  8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

We’ve basically been working on back
    Log stuff the last two weeks. Looks like everything will be done next week then it will be time to clean shop and work on our stuff. Racecar was unloaded a few weeks ago and is going to get a new body hung on it, my street bike a ZRX is getting ZX-14 forks, wheels and brakes and a complete once over.
    Basically will keep working like always until I run out of stuff to do, go broke, Die or can’t get here...Same as always.

cpettit likes this.
  9. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I just bought a barn find 1967 Plymouth Satellite, first owner until 1979, second owner drove it until 2003 then it sat in the carport at their house in Tuscon, AZ. It was running up until a few years ago he said but once the battery was dead he never bothered with the car again. So it's zero rust anywhere, un modified or disturbed. 117k miles, 383 engine with a 727 trans and the 8.75 rear.

I'm just going through the car right now and trying to figure out how I want to build it.

Newyork, Pixelator, DmanSlam and 3 others like this.
  10. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Changed the oil on the race bike last week. Over the weekend I changed the shock spring (-25#). Still had time to service the forks and installed aftermarket (Compression) tapered needles.
    Mounted up a used soft rear and a new front for the (hopefully) upcoming April track day at Auto Club.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My garage is about 35 degrees, so I'm limited. Have to work fast and run in and out of the house to warm up.

Replaced the fuel pump in the Bostrom 998. Started right up, but gawdamit now there's a fuel leak somewhere.

Started the GT500. That thing's a champ. Started on the 2nd kick.

Hey @opinion914 what's that in the upper left corner? :D

IMG_8058.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

Cannoli, Pixelator, K51000 and 6 others like this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The bikes don't need a ton of work, good thing since there's too damn many of them clogging up the garage right now. I put one of them up for sale 2 weeks ago and it's 100% crickets so far. Plenty of house/yard projects waiting for when it gets nicer. If things keep going as they are, I'll have PLENTY of time on my hands. My "too big to fail" job likely isn't going away,but it's definitely slow since most of our customers are in limbo.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Himalayas are enjoying a little outside time.

60737058036__BBE4783B-F011-41CF-8F9E-4D7B95E1CC92.jpg

Pixelator, Sabre699 and cpettit like this.
  14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

155 Ducati, much approval from me.

Phl218 and motion like this.
  15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

When I was in high school, a friend of my dad used to drag race a 500.

My father designed several sets of pipes for the bike, using the math from Gordon Jennings' book on Two Stroke Tuning.

My father knew my high school shop teacher.

I cut and rolled the sheet metal to make the pipes, and tack welded each piece. The bike owner did the final assembly.

The bike went on to set several records with the IDBA (International Drag Bike Association).

This was around 76-77.

Pixelator, K51000, pscook and 3 others like this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Since I finished working on my truck..thanks again Chevy for the shitty failing lifters...Im back to building my 3rd gen Camaro bracket drag car. Temps are still in the mid 40's here so its chilly or smells like kerosene when I fire up the heater. Also getting some little projects around the house/garage done as well, working on an outboard for the little fishing boat, etc.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

How much to rent the GT500 or the 155 to tour MT for a week? :D

YamahaRick likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hahaha yeah both are excellent Montana touring machines.

19. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

My weekdays haven't changed significantly, but I have more free time on the weekends to take care of house projects.

This coming weekend, I do plan on cleaning out the garage and reorganize it. Maybe I'll get some paint and repaint it.

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Yes, please add the Ducati to the rental fleet so I can book my trip to Montana. :)

motion likes this.