1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula 1 Coming to Atlantic City?

Discussion in 'General' started by Knarf Legna, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

So true, yet the "new traffic pattern" illuminated signs abound. Wonder how much those rent for.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Last I can remember flying into there was early 2000s. Maybe 03ish. I think it closed not long after that.

3. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

ducnut likes this.
  4. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Gotta connect with your constituents

ducnut likes this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

They did this with part of the unused airport property in Opa Locka, FL (Miami). It's a private club and they don't hold races or other non member events. Selfish Bastards.

https://theconcoursclub.com

MrGooch likes this.
  6. rwdfun

rwdfun

To be fair. Saying F1 track was probably meant to describe the type of track to the vast majority of Americans that don’t understand what road course racing means including most of the politicians that made the announcement. 99% of the time I have to explain what type of racing I do it’s a drawn out process that eventually ends up with me finally getting the point across by mentioning F1. Not even Indy car racing explains it because they just think the oval Indy

To also be fair, this is 99% likely a money grab by corrupt rich people meant to funnel money into their bank accounts.

ducnut likes this.
  7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Will end up like the California High speed rail scam, 15 years on, 5 billion gone, about to blow the remaining 4 billion of the budget.
    Miles of track laid...... - 0 -