1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flatrock Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Jul 19, 2022.

1. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

From the rumor mill, it will make COTA look cheap... :(

2. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

They had a booth set up at the track in Daytona a year or two ago. I think it was during the Rolex race but might have been the 500. They had great pictures and brochures and actually the people that were there with them were very knowledgeable about what was happening, there long term goals etc.

I visited with them for a few minutes and left feeling that they truly were interested in anything with wheels that would race.

koth442 and BrentA like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Multiple events at the same time makes more money. We've had tracks running us on one, someone else on another, renting out multiple spots in building to multiple people, events going on in multiple parking lots and on and on - all on the same day.

stangmx13 likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not a Fan of a Tilke Circuit, but this does look interesting.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I remember racing with WERA at VIR North(?) On a Thursday, then heading over to the South course for the rest of the weekend with AHRMA. The Cycle Jam I think it was (2010), continued on the North side at the same time.

koth442 and Shenanigans like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Sucked for us since any fans and many many racers and crew would say they were there for the track day then come racing which lost us a ton of gate fees until we started selling them past the bridge - vut even then the track required us to let people get to the concession stand so the scammers just used a different line to get in free. Frustrating as fuck since all it does is drive up fees to the rest of you.

Shenanigans likes this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There was a track day on the South course on the Thursday? I vaguely remember seeing bikes over there during the races that day.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More talking in general than any specific event. The one gate multiple venue places are always a clusterfuck for us.