1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Zimmerman needs to be paddled.

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

From the police call (not to sure if it was actually a 911 call) it sounds like the kid looked as though he was casing some houses. Maybe he wasn't, but the Zimmerman guy seemed to indicate that he thought so. There are no witnesses that have come forward to say how the fight started. Maybe Zimmerman got out of his car to see where the kid was going so he could tell the police when they got there. Maybe the kid decided to jump him at that point. Maybe Zimmerman jumped the kid. The point is NO ONE on this forum were there. None of us saw it or heard it or had a front row seat. So to convict either person based on one sided information just shows how much stupid really is here.

3. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

IMHO Zimmerman wanted to be the Lone Ranger and screwed the pooch.

4. G.Irish

G.Irish Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, Zimmerman is actually hispanic. Doesn't mean race did not play a factor, just wanted to point out that he is not a white dude.

5. cMac

cMac Conservatively Libral

No not just b/c he's white. There is a long history of racial prejudice in this area. Calling a white shooter racist makes me Racist. Your pathetic. He followed a kid. Called 911 to give his story merit. described the boy as looking like he was on drugs and looking for trouble, and ignored the police instruction to not follow the kid. In the audio you can here the kid screaming for help and then a shot. When the police arrive the first thing the guy says is he was defending himself.

The evidence shows this guy had knowledge of FL law and local law enforcements history of covering up crimes against black people. The evidence suggest this guy went out with the intention to kill. Like it or not, racism still exist and your attempt at psychological diversion doesn't change that. Why does it bother you that black people speak our minds. How many times have you been discriminated against because of your race (if you're white). No all white people aren't racist and every crime against blacks by a person that's not black is not racially motivated but some are.

6. G.Irish

I wouldn't go so far that the guy started out the night with the intent to kill. I think it's more likely that it was a case of overzealous wannabe cop creates a bad situation then due to stupidity and/or lack of training killed someone. It seems like he got in over his head and made a litany of errors that resulted in an innocent kid losing his life.

There may not have been any ill-intent at all on his part, but fact remains a kid lost his life due to his stupidity and because of that, Zimmerman should be in jail for manslaughter at the least, 2nd degree murder at the most.

7. backcountryme

He wasn't white. Does that make it less racist? And evidence hasn't shown anything about intent yet. For you to rush to judgement shows that you sir are the racist. Does racism still exists in this world? Yes it does. And it is perpetuated as much by your types of statements as it does by the white racists in this world. You have rushed to lay all blame on Zimmerman (who is Hispanic). Your statements about someone screaming for help show this. How do you know that it wasn't Zimmerman that was screaming for help? You assume that it was Martin. There has been no evidence pointing to one or the other as being the screaming one. Your comments have done nothing but show your racism card and proven that ignorance knows no color.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  8. G.Irish

At least one eyewitness said they heard a boy screaming for help before the gun shot. A cop then tried to correct them and say it was Zimmerman. So at best it is 50/50.

9. backcountryme

That is exactly what I was saying. I have heard grown men that have the voice of boys (Mike Tyson as an example). Not a single one of us were there so none of us can draw any conclusion. Sadly a kid is dead, that is the only FACT that anyone here knows. To convict someone in your mind at this point is just showing your stupidity. And to make it a racial thing when all facts are not known is also showing your own racist feelings (using the universal you here).

10. charles

charles The Transporter

Wby are we accusing each other here of being 'racists'? This staggers me, because we have to be able to at least put that card on the table; it would appear the FBI/Justice Dep't are now in on this mess, so the issue of race as a factor is bound to come up as such pertains to how cases are being handled by local authorities.

There apparently has not been a thorough and extensive investigation so far, despite what the local law enforcement honcho has said. I think there's more to come about this situation.

Say what you will, the dead guy could have been any one of us, had we been there at that exact time and place. Zimmerman was out to do something and he was going to use that weapon to do it.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

***ADVISORY NOTICE! ACHTUNG! ACHTUNG!***

For those of you planning on attending events featuring the Right Reverend Al Sharpton, be advised that the New Black Liberation Militia (NBLM), with National HDQS in Atlanta, GA, is planning to make a citizens arrest of Zimmerman and take him to the local police station. This could be one of the highlights of your trip to Florida aside from eating pink grapefruits and being able to personally witness the current hairstyle of Reverend Al.

The National Commander of the NBLM is Prince Min. Na'jee Shaka Muhammad, in case you are interested in the hierarchy of this forward-looking organization, and the Assistant National Commander is Min. Comrade X.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Has the guy run? Nope. Are they still investigating? Yep.

People suspected of murder are left out of jail all the time while the cops investigate - especially when there isn't enough actual evidence to prosecute yet.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah and here we have the crux of the problem. There were NO witnesses. Not one. All of the people heard something not one saw the incident. They can't go door to door and find people who weren't watching what happened.

If there is a murder typically the cops question suspects - which they did in this case - and if there isn't enough evidence to prosecute they let the suspect go and they keep investigating...

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There were several people who heard a fight and called 911. The didn't witness the fight.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is one of those times I truly wish I was in Orlando :crackup:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

KKK won't let Ricans join.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Couple of points - the media has it wrong yet again, the picture of the kid is old. He weighs about the same as the wannabe, not half, not by a long shot.

Way off by saying no one knows enough to judge what happened? Seriously? Wow. Never thought saying wait for more info as being something that actually could be way off. Guess maybe to people who have made up their minds on either incorrect or incomplete information. Oh well.

Wannabe should have stayed in the car. Agreed. Wannabee however was under no obligation to do so, legally or otherwise. Wannabee was trying to protect his neighborhood from thieves - normally a laudable action. As for protecting his life - I have no idea if he was or not. But there are definitely instances of having your ass beat you can feel like you're being killed.

You don't have any idea what the kid did. No one saw it. An operator has no authority to order anyone to do anything. As an american citizen you oddly enough do have the right to talk to others in public. Pretty basic really.

No one is saying Zimmerman was justified, but there are plenty of scenarios where he could have been. Are they likely? Of course not. But to ignore they exist is ridiculous. People who make up their minds without knowing any facts are who I think can DIAF etc...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wouldn't be surprised if they do charge him once they get it all sorted out.

If my guess is right he should be charged, but I have no problem admitting there is a possibility something else could have happened.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're still not sure if it was the kids or the wannabe. That's one of the major issues the cops are trying to sort out.

Zimmerman is saying it's him. They can't believe that as fact of course. A lot of people are assuming it was the kid who ended up dead since he obviously needed help at some point. They can't assume that either.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about making it so the cops have to keep looking into it more before they have another Casey Anthony or OJ case.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Heard about this on the radio, should be interesting. Not sure how FL law reads, could be a bunch of people charged with kidnapping before this is over...