1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fencing, is it ghey?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spicoli, Oct 15, 2007.

?

Is Fencing Ghey?

1. Yes

5.3%
  2. Hell Yes

45.6%
  3. Um, yeah

17.5%
  4. No (only because I like to do it)

31.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. Fixed that for ya buddy.:up:

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

DOOOOHHH!:up:

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So, uh, how do you feel about the homosexuals currently roadracing motorcycles? Is it OK with you as long as they don't fence, too?

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Do you mean "ghey" as in queer? As in faggot? As in homosexual? Or just something you don't get into and have never tried so you need to make yourself feel secure by belittling it?

5. Livin up to your Avatar Signature.:D

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

7. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Ghey as in there is no real danger or physical exertion in poking another man with a little piece of metal with a tip on the end to "win".

The only time I've ever seen a cool or "manly" version of fencing was that scene in one of the James Bond movies a few years ago. The one with the ice hotel. Now that was kick-ass. Oh, and this just in, 2 out of 3 moderators agree... fencing = ghey. :D :up:

8. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

Fencing is a hell of a workout. Don't knock it til ya try it.

9. So are jazzercise and taebo, but I wont be doing either of those activities.

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I wager Bruce Dickinson would have a thing to say about this...

motoboy likes this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Are there any 'straight' jokes???

12. epee

epee Well-Known Member

Most Americans (and obviously, Spicoli) know little about fencing. It’s a martial art, except that the ability to take physical punishment doesn’t count for much; meaning that technique, speed, and superior tactics/strategy are required to win.

Fencing is a mentally and physically challenging sport. It’s very definitely a workout. It's entertaining. But, I’d agree, it’s not very dangerous.

Fencing Video

13. Longhair

Longhair Old Foole

[​IMG]
    I'd just like to add, that my dad being euro-born, and him being a fencing instructor, and me being an assistant in his classes when I was young, that while it isn't life threateningly dangerous, if you want to come here and not wear a fencing jacket, I'll return you with about a million welts after an hour of saber practice. Or a few hundred silver dollar sized bruises from rapier.
    [​IMG]You may rather have crashed.

And, not unlike racing, leg muscle, timing, stamina, and balance count BIG time.

14. I'm sorry...all I see is blah blah blah!:D But I'm just the baby in the back seat! For the rest of you, you will go WTF is MC talking about. Chemguy and Spicoli know what I am referring too though.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Rumor has it Spicoli is straight so yeah, there are straight jokes.

16. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

So how long have you and your boyfriend been fencing? :D

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Since I told him that's the only way he'd ever stick me...