1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback on Moto XP Ricambi Race Bodywork - Please Respond!

Discussion in 'General' started by Stettnichs, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member

Racers and Trackday Enthusiasts,

I am in the market for race bodywork for my 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3 race build. I have contacted many companies about what they have to offer. So far my feedback has been very positive and prompt. There's many more options for these bikes than I initially thought.

Through my searches with a few other R3 riders (in the same boat), the company Moto XP Ricambi has come to my attention. Long story short, I am interested in their bodywork; however, I wanted to hear feedback from anyone and everyone that has firsthand experience with their offerings.

They are an Italian outfit with a seemingly small presence in the US right now (but they are looking to grow). Their bodywork seems to be well-built and is priced competitively. The few reviews I've seen online seem positive, but I wanted to reach out on the WERA forum here as well.

Any feedback or pictures/advice is well-appreciated. Thank you to everyone in advance!

2. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Do they have a us distributor?

3. Stettnichs

Yes, the only one to my knowledge is Rob at MTR Cycle.

4. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

I've bought two sets from them, phenomenal stuff. Fits better than armor bodies and their paint is pretty bad ass, their economy paint is better than most people's top shelf. Great communication too.

sbk1198 and Stettnichs like this.
  5. Stettnichs

This is the exact type of feedback I was hoping for. Thank you for the detail and taking the time to respond. Would you say their economy paint would beat having an actual body guy paint the bike? I know it's just a base color usually, but I could always have my body guy paint a design overtop, if need be. Otherwise decals would do the trick too.

Hopefully others will chip in with their thoughts as well!

6. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Their economy paint is as good as your car most likely. If you do a scheme they clear over the decals, if you like a scheme but hate decals they will leave it off at your request.

For fitment, I drilled them and threw them at the bike. I know of a few guys that have them, a BMW, r1 (2015) I have a zx10 set, other friend has it on his 636 a couple rsv4's. They're hard to beat for the quality you get, impossible in my opinion. Buddy of mine crashed his 3 times before they were toast (however every crash is different).

7. Stettnichs

Wow, thanks for the great words. Hard to believe the pre-painted stuff looks so nice. That's amazing. I would love to get a design made, but I'm sure it probably costs quite a bit more. I was thinking a base paint job and then putting a design overtop. I will have to reach out to them to see what the pre-painted stuff actually costs compared to just a baseline primer.

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

There you go Sean....convinced yet?? ;)

Not gonna lie, that's actually really good to hear from JT...now I'm much more confident too and definitely happy I went with the paint. I gave you the price breakdown in that table on the R3 forum btw. Granted that was for full set, and from what I've been told if you get them to paint it, it automatically comes with a full set. I think you can say no to the tank cover but it includes a fender for sure. Still, ends up being less than $300 for the economy paint which is cheaper than any painter will charge you unless you know someone that will do it for free, and just pay for the paint. That's probably the only way you can do it cheaper while still getting that quality. Of course cheapest option is always to do it yourself with cans which I know is what you planned on doing.

Stettnichs likes this.
  9. Stettnichs

Definitely feel better after hearing his thoughts! Sounds like he knows guys that are happy with their sets, too. I was looking for a way to tag you, but didn't know how here on the WERA forum. I'm glad you found my thread! :)

Anyway, about the paint option - I definitely wasn't going to go the rattle can route. I already have my base color sitting in my body guys' shop. It's paid for and good to go. I think a custom paint job from him will run me about the same as the paint option from them. With that said, if their paint job truly is as good as factory car paint, that's pretty damn hard to beat. It's my understanding a body man's "goal" is to try to make things look factory - which always isn't the case.

I will talk to him and catch his thoughts on it. Either way, I feel immensely better about the quality of their fairings from what JT said above.

10. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Here's my new set.. I have the tank cover and all, still less than buying sharkskinz and getting someone to paint it for me.

[​IMG]

turbulence, caferace and Stettnichs like this.
  11. Stettnichs

Damn, that looks amazing! I love the factory-style look you have going there.

Would you be willing to share what your cost was "out the door?" That would be including the bodywork, paint, and shipping costs.

12. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

$1003 or something like that. But I had the tank cover and did a replica scheme. Had I done a 2 color scheme I would have saved some cash. I got them in 6 days once shipped. I had them hold them over the holidays as I don't trust the ups part timers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

When I add it up on their site for my '15 R1, it's close to what I paid for DSwens for SharkSkinz + 2 tone paint...just saying

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    jt21 likes this.
  14. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Is Swenson that little? He does amazing work.

2 colors with them, a tank cover and shipping from Italy is $799.

15. sbk1198

Damn dude! Are you sure that's not a picture of Jonathan Rea's bike from last year?? lol That looks amazing!

Stettnichs likes this.
  16. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

When I added up all the stuff on that site and added to my cart it was closer to $1200 for my bike. I paid a little more, but had him do some other stuff like drill and mount the dzus and got the 'works' windscreen. With shipping it is probably even.

17. sbk1198

For the R3 it's $665 shipped for a complete set with tank cover, but unpainted. With economy paint it's somewhere in the 900-950 range. But I can get them cheaper with a discount code from MTR Cycle.

jt21 likes this.
  18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

They have 959 bodywork!

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

First I've ever heard of them but from the looks of their website and all the options they offer I'm digging what they've got. Pretty sweet to turn your trackday hero wagon into a Tom Sykes replica and even customize your own number plates :D

[​IMG]

....or a Lowes replica

[​IMG]

BHP41, Stettnichs and jt21 like this.
  20. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Don't forget the Milwaukee R1. It looks pretty bad ass. Lol. They're pretty easy to deal with and communication is quite good for an overseas company. I'm told they will even paint a custom scheme if you draw it out for them.

I order mine with all the sponsor decals removed, like monster, elf etc.