1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Bikes?????

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris Smith, Jun 9, 2022.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I get that for an average consumer.

But it is not good for enthusiasts.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm going out on a limb and saying RM is an enthusiast rider... And from what I've read about the Alta, the "average consumer" would bust their ass on one just as quick as on a KTM 450

stk0308 likes this.
  3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The "average consumer" could bust their ass walking down the street. :crackup:

I call bullshit on the alta being the equal to a modern MX bike.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Tristan

Nobody said or even remotely implied that. I'm not a fan of EV's in general but seriously you need to pull your head out of the sand.

cav115 likes this.
  5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

No, I don`t.

That`s an opinion.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There are some videos on Youtube that might change your mind.

cav115 likes this.
  7. Tristan

no way...moon landing was faked

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I watched one on the now defunct Alta. Seriously impressive performance. I did chuckle at the irony of using a ICE generator for the charge.

cav115 and Senna like this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, the generator definitely takes off a couple virtue points.:crackup:

R Acree likes this.
  10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I call bullshit on your bullshit.

cav115 likes this.
  11. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

C14CD033-4B57-4711-9F2B-A22FB46C2026.jpeg E-bikes are a total blast as said above. I’ve ridden an Alta a bit and it’s super cool too and a buddy is a rep for Stark so I’m sure I’ll get some time on one of those too. It’s coming for sure.

C14CD033-4B57-4711-9F2B-A22FB46C2026.jpeg

Phl218 likes this.
  12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I just keep imagining how amazing e-bikes and e-motos will be with the next jump in battery tech and energy density. We are nowhere close to maximizing battery technology. And with all the profit to be made, the advances are definitely coming. Id guess we'll have another jump within a decade. Li-S and Na-S batteries might do it.

It'll be a little sad to lose the sound of moto engines. But it'll be great to see off-road parks and road courses no longer have to worry about legal battles over sound (and maybe pollution).

Senna likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Y'all need to stop the stupid political shit.

14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Both y’all go shit - the bull is tired.

:D :D :D

Once a Wanker.. and cav115 like this.
  15. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Or have the ability to build racetracks for moto and road right next to housing developments or downtowns! It could open up a whole new avenue of opportunities and possibilities!

16. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I sew electric bikes and cars to stay a "niche" vehicle for at least the next decade... or more.
    The current power grids could never handle the load requirements if let's say 30% of the vehicles were all electric.
    Heck... Cal grids can't handle when everyone turns on their A/C units!
    Brown outs would become full blown black outs!

Once a Wanker.., cav115 and jd41 like this.
  17. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Fast Lane Truck YouTube channel is currently testing a f150 Lightning.
    The paid $81k for it.
    So far... I don't think they got a 300 mile range yet out of it... then have to wait 45 minutes + for a recharge.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That always cracks me up. The Gypsy Tales podcast with the CEO of Stark made it seem like he is a big green/environment guy. Nothing wrong with that, but I was laughing at the fact he thought this bike was going to do wonders for the dirtiness of our sport…dude how do you think folks are gonna charge these at their local vet track? Lmao.

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I will def miss the smell of race gas and the sound of combustion at the track. They need to figure out how to make the bikes sound like tie fighters. My daily is a hybrid with an EV mode and it makes some cool space noises.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

With one of these, that they charged up at their house using solar panels, which can be kept topped off using portable solar panels at the track. OK, most won't do that, but people could. Plenty enough for two days of riding given the bike starts with 6 hours + 4 hours on the gen + 3 hours from a pair of 200W portable solar panels (400W * 8 hours = 3200WH).
    Buy EcoFlow DELTA Pro Portable Power Station - EcoFlow US

Senna likes this.