1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Bikes?????

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris Smith, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Member

Do you ever think that in the future (10 years) all bikes will be electric?

2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

not unless battery development manages to leap frog. The E segment will definitely grow...

Chris Smith likes this.
  4. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Member

with Moto E and electric dirt bikes.. I think there is a push to one day have them all become electric.

RichB likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Electric bikes have been around 10 years already. Alta was promising til it wasnt. Now Stark is trying a lil different strategy with off road. About $13,500 worth of commitment. Wont work for my needs at the moment.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Won't mining to make all those lithium batteries cut into the meds for some of the mentally unstable??

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I tried an electric bicycle and it was ghey as f@ck but somehow fun. Guess I’m electric BIke curious. :D

as for street and dirty bikes they are the future whether you want it or not. :(

8. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I sure as fuck hope not… and I have an own electric car and mountain bike (because im lazy).

Hopefully internal combustion sticks around for recreation just like horses.

cav115 likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Can you imagine the fantastic OHV parks these mineral-stripping mining sites will make?

Once a Wanker.., cav115 and Sabre699 like this.
  10. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

[​IMG]

...From my cold, dead, hands.

Motorcycle trips are the last bastion of freedom and last minute (or complete lack of) decisions. It's impossible to do that with a 3-prong extension leash around your neck, still requiring cell phone, cell service, credit card, staying put for hours at a time every day, populated area. NO thank you.

I'll change my mind when they become as autonomous as ICE. Wind charger, solar? IDGAF as long as I don't have to see people or a screen for weeks at a time.

cav115 and tl1098 like this.
  11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Are you saying we are going to RUN OUT OF COCAINE???

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

13. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Look at the bright
    Another slight bright side, when you charge your electric whatever you’ll be lining the pocket any American energy company (who’s share are probably owned by the Chinese and Saudis) instead of some dictator somewhere. ( But hey, at least they employ Americans)

14. Cooter!

Those off-shore electrons are real junk.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So wind farms in the ocean make junky electrons? Tell me more about these junk electrons, but watch out for the Heisenberg uncertainty principle when you are trying to examine them.

16. Cooter!

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

We don`t have to buy from them now.

19. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

If you haven’t rode an electric dirt bike yet try one. They are the future. Road bikes will take a little longer since they need a larger battery pack. The energy density needs to come down for that to make since.

same with ebike mountain bikes. Total game changer.

Have fun on your Amish bikes lads.

Trainwreck and MyWayGuy like this.
  20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Sure hope not.

First, there`s no need for them.

Beyond that, they take away a huge part of racing; building and tuning engines, mapping, the tuneability of an ICE. Plus, the awesome sounds.

Electric sucks by comparison, and again , WHY?

Fuck electric, IMO.