1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EBR done again

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

What if he built a bike using 20 crf50 engines?:D

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

3. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Let's say with all the capital sloshing back into the USA, EBR finds the money to restart again. What changes would the beeb implement to make it a successful product?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Clubman legal. :D

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The front brake system has been proven time and again to be ineffective for racetrack use. Didn't they say when they switched to a proper front brake setup Canepa instantly dropped lap times....that'd certainly be a good start.

[​IMG]

The motor also whilst not too bad was grossly underpowered compared to its competition and couldn't hold a candle in top speed numbers, and as they started to try and milk more HP from it through the season the things just kept going boom.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The small bike market seems to be booming... 300 triple in nekid and fully clothed trims, motor designed to easy conversion from mild to wild?

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Don't call it EBR
    Don't call it a Buell.
    Don't associate your product with that company at all.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Boman Forklift and Sweatypants like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Indeed. Thanks for chiming in. The stupid is exceptionally thick in this thread.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

HD screwed that up just like DMG did pro racing. Put too many rules in place for it to truly succeed. And then they got rid of it when it was still profitable.

10. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

Just got word that the doors will be staying open.

masshole and 5axis like this.
  11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Only vaguely remember those things existing and don't remember any specific details about them. That being said, I'm guessing it didn't fall into the category of cheaper or at least fairly reliable that I mentioned. That being said, not all companies will succeed. Just was just my opinion on giving yourself the best opportunity for success possible.

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

How many millions of dollars needed to be invested?

They made a few completely new bikes that were flops... BLAST comes to mind.

They were in every single Hd dealer in the country. Marketing doesn't get much easier than that.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Let's bring filet mignon to a vegan restaurant and wonder why it doesn't sell...

Harley customers aren't Buell customers. And vice versa. The only advantage H-D stood to gain was accessory sales from the handful of Buell customers who made their way through the door.

Boman Forklift and 5axis like this.
  14. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

They actually sold quite a few of those Blasts. They were a favorite among MSF courses.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

And in the end, HD used Buell as a huge write off.

First time I saw an S1 Lightning I fell in love with it.. First time I rode one, I fell deeper.. Everytime I ride mine I still dig it.. It is Raw Motorcycling....No BullShit FancyMan Electronics or Grip Warmers, just a motorcycle like a '66 Vette with a 427/4speed, radio delete.

JamesC459, 5axis and Sprinky like this.
  16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Marine Turbine Technologies

They're still around, and if you click on the above link, you'll notice they have a full range of products, allowing them to indulge in
    building frivolous things like jet bikes. Pictured is their 420RR (It stands for 420 horsepower and "race ready" :eek: ) and they have a three wheeler in the works. Watch the video and see the trike they're building for a customer in Mumbai, India.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Putting the Buells in every HD dealer is exactly the kind of marketing mistake I'm talking about. Horrible move.

How many million needed to be invested in what? The Buell arm was profitable in spite of its HD connection.

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Wait .. EBR is back lol

19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Yay? I think?

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Kinda like my grip warmers. Just sayin.