1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati offering half a 1299 engine.

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

The old supermono was clubman legal, for a season. It smoked all the other clubman bikes.

Red Fox Racing likes this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Thanks for the reminder, my good friend. Grrr.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

The most HP of a single ever, with 9000 mile oil changes, and 18000 mile lash checks…well, ok then. LOL

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The numbers don't exactly blow away a KTM 690. I'll get excited when they stick it in a real sportbike chassis and price it within the reach of mortals. Then I'll buy one after I'm satisfied they don't blow up or brick on a regular basis...

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

They had a perfect balance system, I'm surprised they didn't go back to it?

7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Well, no need to try to build my own out of half a 1299!

8. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Reving a large piston over 10k while it's pointed straight at your nuts? This makes me feel tingly inside. Is that normal?

"If I were a girl, I'd like it very much!" --Jeremy Clarkson

Picking a fight with KTM/Kramer? Could be interesting.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

imagine...

i thought about converting my 1199 to a supermono back then.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Low vibrations and Panigale gear ratios
    This engine is also a benchmark when it comes to limiting vibrations. The Superquadro Mono has the first-order forces completely balanced thanks to the use of two balancing countershafts positioned in the engine crankcase. These help to significantly reduce vibrations to a level comparable to a 90° V-twin.

The gear ratios are modeled on those of the Panigale V4, with a long first gear for tackling corners at low speed, making the most of the engine's thrust in corner exit

11. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Ducati MX and SX projects.

12. Tristan

Ya can't buy a Duke 690 anymore, so if this Duc is offered in a true sportbike version it won't have any direct competition. If it ends up being a $15-20K and close to race ready then maybe a Kramer alternative. A Hyper version might be cross shopped with a 690SMC.

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

What classes do they run the 650s in?

14. Tristan

They're planning to cut the motor in half again

1285> 659> 450

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There are two guys I know who have done it- one guy, Doug Gross, who has raced in South FL for many years, built one out of half a 1098 but it has never seen the track. It keeps blowing up on the dyno. Then again, I haven't seen Doug at the track in 10 years+ so this little pet project may never come to fruition.

The other one is Chris Cosentino, He has a project he calls Hypermono that actually made it to Barber for AHRMA and he did ride it- I don't know what the results were. It's a pretty much ground up design, he has a cool blog on his website Cosentinoengineering, although I think he stopped updating it and now all of the updates are on his IG page.

One of my buddies down here bought 2 Supermonos, one is in pristine condition and although he brought it to Barber, I don't think it was raced. Jerry Wood raced his for years. When I asked my buddy what it was like to ride it, he said "remember when your 900ss would only run on one cylinder? That's what it feels like". I'm sure there's more to it than that, but YMMV.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Consentino's bike uses the top end from a Panigale, the rest is all his, including the very special rolling chassis.

Gino230 likes this.
  18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

The chassis this will be going in looks really cool and has potential for what you single loving freaks are thinking about.

That's all I can say at this time. Official announcements coming soon...

scottn, Phl218 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

God I have had so many calls and forums from idiots being like THATS THE DIRTBIKE ENGINE. LOL

stk0308 and Phl218 like this.
  20. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

it might be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once a Wanker.. and Phl218 like this.