Ducati offering half a 1299 engine.

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Oct 26, 2023.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You're right about the fun factor. My brother has one with similar mods and i ride it every chance i get. It's rowdy obnoxious and tons of wheelie fun. What's the dash solution you peak of? His is completely illegible at this point.

2. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

That bike STILL has a really strong following around the world, with an unlikely number of them in the UK, but the intensive maintenance schedule, lack of dealer network and poor reliability are what killed it here in the US.

-T

boxcrash likes this.
  3. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

https://berotec.de/product/cumpan-ktm690-hqv701/?lang=en

Gives you a tach, engine temp, and gear indicator. Really quite nice for a cheap price.

4. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Right, don't get me wrong I still think its an awesome bike. I thought I always wanted one, but some of the horror stories, swapping pistons and resealing cases every couple thousand miles even with the black sealant just killed it for me.
    Seems some more recently have managed to get into 20k miles on them but its come with the typical Italian race bike maint journey.

I was or, maybe still really hoping they do a true proper Supermono track bike with this motor, but that is probably wishful thinking. Then again, Roland Sands did take CRF and KXF's and make Super singles so I guess anything is possible with enough time, money and elbow grease :D

Once a Wanker.. likes this.