1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

If both parties have completely gone through the assets, agreed to a equitable split on all accounts, then certainly. I absolutely agree that there are people who can manage this process because while they care about the other, they aren't in love.

It's the route my ex-wife wanted to go but with children and other extenuating circumstances, I chose the safest path and got an attorney. The only part that's difficult is understanding what needs to be filed and when.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

That’s not a judge. That’s an activist with a robe and a wooden hammer.

Rebel635, Banditracer and pickled egg like this.
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It's possible that the judge had seen many wives who divorced and out of fear, just gave away the farm.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

The court didn’t.

THAT judge did.

I’d have moved for a new judge. Filing a joint motion probably would have gotten it granted, and if not I’d have that thrown onto the appellate docket with haste.

5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

And that's basically part of what his questions centered on, "were you coerced into this agreement" etc. Truth is, once her Dad passes, she'll have about $35mm, and she made that point to the judge. She doesn't need my money.

6. pickled egg

More than likely the judge was a family law attorney who advocated for vicious, contentious divorces and couldn’t bear to see her fellow jurists denied their opportunity to cash in.

Rebel635 likes this.
  7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Went through 3 judges in that court. All had the same attitude. I have to say, the first judge (who was a woman) blowing up at my Ex and threatening her with jail, was kind of funny. Everyone in the court looked at me like "yeah, we can see why you might want to be done with that". When the judge first admonished her for the eye roll, she should have shut up, but of course couldn't.

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

doesn’t matter what she’s seen. Impartial and by the law… not offer one side advice and blatantly violate her oath and be an ignorant cunt.

pickled egg likes this.
  9. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

What I loved (not), was walking out the front of the court, and seeing a McLaren SLR with the plates 'LWYRUP'.

10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

First judge was the ignorant cunt. The last judge was an old dude.

11. pickled egg

My best lawyer in my never ending journey through hell was the least expensive.

The most expensive, prestigious firm I had to hire on after a certain party filed a second bankruptcy with some questionable disclosures, was the absolute worst. Fired them and went back to pro se, and won.

27 likes this.
  12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

The guy we both settled on cost us $600. Honestly, that's probably a bargain considering how many adjustments we had to make to the financials. But I still felt like it was $600 I was forced by the court to spend, to pad the legal systems pockets.

A. Barrister likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

14. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Yep. All of these government bureaucracies require you to pay tribute to the system, else they make it very hard for you.

15. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Couldnt hang on to get a cut? :Poke: ;)

auminer likes this.
  16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

It's actually a major reason why we got divorced in the first place. I want whatever my life is, to be at my own hand. I don't want a handout. She kept getting us into financial difficulties, and then secretly going to her Dad for help. I asked him to stop doing that, and while he agreed it wasn't helpful, he couldn't stop. She had an opportunity to live within the budget of what I make, or go get a job to help fund the things she wanted. Tell you what, she'll blow through that $30 mil within 5 years, once she gets it.

Evad101 likes this.
  17. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Yup with her attitude towards money, that $35mm, which should be enough for anyone to live VERY comfortably for the rest of their life, won't last long at all. Sad.

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Hell....it might be $40mm now... I'm still involved in the business side of things, so the total is going to change over time. It doesn't matter how much it is, she'll find a way to spend it.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Her dad needs to put it in a trust - with you as the trustee... :crackup:

20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

So the first judge was really projecting that YOU should get a cut of the dad in laws estate...

pickled egg likes this.