1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I have seen a few people have their lives ruined by acquiring a large some of money that they didn't work for. It won't last five years.

2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

No. All his questions were directed at her, telling her she could receive maintenance if she so desired.

3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yeah, that's not happening. There are 2 other kids, and the oldest is already the trustee. He's at a point where he doesn't even know who I am anymore. I begged him to not give those girls an inheritance. Blow it all on hookers, cars, boats....anything.

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I play judge, jury, and executioner everyday. And honestly, every profession has it's winners and losers. I agree, she should be following the letter of the law, however, if one party is getting blatantly hosed, the judge has the responsibility to ensure they understand it.

That being said, I understand your position and in this case, you are correct. Case in point. In a previous life, Our payroll provider screwed up the child support process (was withholding the deductions, but not forwarding them out) and employees were getting extremely nervous (as was I because I was included in that). Luckily my ex-wife and I are on good terms and I asked her to contact the CS office to see if they had received her transfer. Not only did they tell her no, they told her I was behind and should immediately consult her attorney. Such a crock.

5. Hyperdyne

It's almost case for case on the lottery winner folks.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No doubt in my mind that any version of me under about age 40 would be dead within months of a lottery level windfall.

I'd be alright now, though... and I would love the chance to prove it!

beac83 and motion like this.
  7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I've outgrown all my vices other than dogs and coffee. I wonder what level of exposure to those would do me in?

SundaySocial likes this.
  8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yeah, the irony is he worked his ass off to become successful. Like no short cuts, busted his ass, and he should be able to enjoy the fruits of his labor. But he wanted to save it for his kids, which is the WORST thing you can do for your kids.

motion likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You and me both, brother. I could probably burn thru 2-3 million for a few last bucket list items right now, but anything beyond that would just be a burden. And if I had that kind of coin, I sure as hell wouldnt let my kids know they were getting it. Talk about a great way to ruin their lives.

10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

They're literally all just waiting around for him to die. Problem is, they've been doing that for at least 20 years, so you can imagine their work ethic.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Hyperdyne

Agreed. I believe you can set your kids up for success and help them to make good decisions. I will pay for my kids college so they don't have student loans, ensure they have an established credit history upon graduation, and show them how to save for retirement.

Rugbydad and Rdrace42 like this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If he is smart he won't leave them shit.

13. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

The beeb is slacking...here a soon to be single potential sugar momma is identified, and not one picture request.

14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yeahhh....not doing that. She's been single for almost 2 years now. I wish the best for her, and none of you clowns is it.

Jedb, Boman Forklift and RossK6 like this.
  15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Bitch! Im coming to your house to voice my displeasure! With pitchforks and tiki torches and khakis of course

16. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Perhaps he'll leave it all to the Hairy Krishnas, provided they promise to stay out of the airports.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

18. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Anyone who's just "staying together for the holidays"? :Poke:

19. Hyperdyne

Holidays are rough. Not sure what's worse.. Being alone or being miserable with the one you are with.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I’m sure.

cav115, Sabre699 and 27 like this.