1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disconnecting left side switches

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Dug2, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Dug2

Dug2 Well-Known Member

bike in question is a 07 gsxr600. i want to take off the left side
    switch(es) that control the turn signals, horn, brite lights. but,
    this also has a little conector that plugs into the clutch perch
    that safty thing where you have to pull in the clutch to start the
    bike. how do you disable that thing? and how do you disconnect that
    main supply underneath? cant seem to get my gadamm hands in there.

thanks in advance for the help bruthas

2. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

There should be a plug at the end of the harness under the tank, you'll have to lift the tank up. Be careful before you unhook the clutch switch, there was talk of some models not making full power with the switch bypassed. It put the ECU into a different map or something. I'm not saying that's the case, but I'd look into it further if I was doing it.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

If you can find a harness off a junk bike it makes bypassing it easier.

4. Dug2

Dug2 Well-Known Member

i know what "bypassing" means, but not sure how to put it to
    use in this case? when i unplug the connection at the clutch
    perch and pull in the clutch lever to start the bike it wont start.
    thats where im at as of now

5. suz1k3

suz1k3 Member

+1 :up: keep the clutch switch

6. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Yup, just leave the controls in place. Removing the clutch switch takes away like 10hp, and 800rpm.

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

With the SV you can simply undo the screw that pinches the wiring harness inside the left control pod and then pull the two clutch switch wires out. Then you can run those from the clutch to the wiring harness just like factory, sans the left pod.

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

9. zipphreak

zipphreak Well-Known Member

Holy crap, that's pretty nice of them. I was gonna say jump the clutch wires using a scrotch-lock connector at the connector side of the bike...

But I guess that is a bad idea seeing this info now.

10. smtMICH

smtMICH Well-Known Member

Why don't you add an on/off switch. Turn the switch on to start the bike ("pulled clutch") then flip the switch back off to ride.

11. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I CALL BULLSHIT!

Oy vey the 06-07 gsxr 600-750 falls compltely on it's face with the clutch jumped and the 1000 looses 100 rps dos that make any kind of sense you? no it doesnt, i've had the switch jumpd on all 3 f my last race bikes 01 600 04 600 and 05 1000 no hp loss and no loss of 100 rpms even if it did so what. OMG this shit kills me.

12. freels22

freels22 Well-Known Member

started the same adventure yesterday. heres my solution and its my own opinion so but worked for me. i took the switch off, unscrewed the housing pulled the 2 saftey wires, pulled all the other wires out of the yellow plug, plugged it back up with just the 2 saftey/clutch wires hooked up. works wonderful. see if that would work for you also.

13. freels22

yeah and you said they didn't have a 07 busa. look on suzuki's website it show different.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Take them all off but leave the clutch wire attached in the plug.. You can easily pull all of the other wires from the plug. The Plug is just on top of the Radiator so you dont need to remove the tank...

15. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Yup. Pull 2 wires out of the harness plug up to the clutch switch.

Only difference between these two runs is jumping the clutch switch.
    [​IMG]

16. Dug2

Dug2 Well-Known Member

thanks freels22, i will try this. any problems i will call.

17. maxpat82

maxpat82 Well-Known Member

remove all wire from the yellow connector(under the tank...only need a small screwdriver to pull the clip of the wire in the yellow connector) except the 2 for the clutch switch.
    I have done it on my 04 600 and on my friend 07 750.

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

and you would be 100% WRONG!!! I proved it two years ago on a dyno at Speedwerks as they told be the same thing you posted. So we did back to back runs, with and without the switch installed. Lost over 10HP when disconnected.

19. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

whoops! Didn't see that when I posted :p There ya go! :up:

20. freels22

no problem. let me know