1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well at least it was in the dirt and you weren’t screwing around on the street in front of your house. Plus you didn’t break anything…..bonus points

2. True true. About to take my Talaria out in the woods to go hunt for a bit.

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience or anecdotes about the 2024 KTM EFI 2-strokes? Read a lot of horror stories on vital about the 125SX running like shit. Kind of a shame, as that looks like a super fun bike.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Huh? You're asking a bunch of old fuck broken bone slow ass roadracers about a 2024 125cc 2 stroke MX bike that is ridden where by bbs peeps?
    On a serious note if it's goofy and needs help KTM will sort it out shortly is my best guess

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    Senna likes this.
  5. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I have a 23 husky TX300 which is the new TBI motor. Its been rock solid and runs perfect. I do know the 125's have had issues so I'd probably avoid those right now. They are super picky on fuel and oil in them where the 250 and 300 are pretty much good. I've seen a few go boom but they sold a billion of them so there will always be a few grenades sold.

Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I’ve really wanted to throw my 16 500XC W and 19 150SX at a dealer and walk away with a 24 TBI 300SX… power, weight, push button start… so tempting.

7. Spooner

They are so rad. Super tractable and precise down low and rips on top. I've never had a bike so fast that was so easy to ride.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

EFI? lol... They are throttle body injected. Bone stock they are pretty dang good in the 250/300 variety.
    But are you looking for strictly MX duty??
    Only downside on the TBI is the electric power valve.
    You might want to check if there are any 2023 leftovers as KTM/Gasgas were blowing them out six months ago.
    I heard KTM are still offering dealers like $2,000 off MSRP.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

KTM's site said they were EFI, I don't know shit about em. Good point on the '23s and yeah just looking for track use. Dont see me on trails tbh.

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

They are EFI, KTM has done EFI via transfer port injectors and throttle body injectors, the current SXs are throttle body.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

But the TPIs had an oil pump where the 2024 non XCW models are premix. Ive only read about 2 failures with low hour bikes. that appear to be a lean seize situation

12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I was not aware the '24 KTM's are pre-mix. The '24 Husky EFI TE's have an oil tank and pump.

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The 2024 TE 250/300 is TBI, requires premix.

14. Spooner

the 'w' models use an oil tank still on the 24's (TE/XC-W) but are also TBI. The XC and TX are premix. The 23 W models were still the older TPI motor.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

"Even though it offers the highest 2-stroke performance in the Husqvarna enduro range, the TE 300 Pro is even more controllable than before. Eliminating the need to premix fuel provides an additional benefit."

Husqvarna TE 300 / FE 350 Pro – Model Year 2024

As @Spooner mentioned, Husky TX models do require pre-mixed fuel. I had known the '24 TE150 had an oil pump, as I've been looking to buy one, but had to look up the 250/300 info.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This happened to me today (knee is sore as fuck and bruised, but I'll survive) but it made me think I should maybe get some knee protection. Came to think thread because I remembered people talking about knee braces and now I'm not even sure what makes sense........I think I'll just go with some beefy pads for the time being and see how that does.

17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm still rocking the TP99 pads. They are not a brace, but they do offer soft padding and aren't terribly bulky. They have saved much wear and tear on my knees.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Another question for youz guyz - what goggles is everyone using? Tired of my dual sport helmet getting fogged up as my fat ass lumbers through whoops, so went with an open face MX helmet but now need some goggles.

Whatcha got?

19. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

ProGrip. Also had bad experience with dual sport Arai helmet. Used it in one race and sold it right away.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

100% Armega

Spooner and skidooboy like this.