1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ok,i really need to get a different bike for my daughter now. She's 13 years old, 5'-3" and has alot of seat time on various bikes,but never a real motocross bike. Would she be best on a 85 or go with a 125..........YZ,KX,RM.....no more trail/playbikes?. She's been riding since she was 6 on a ttr90,then a rt100,cb125s,even my old ex250,so she is no stranger to throwing a leg over and giving it a go. I don't pay close enough attention to dirty bikes to know which size would be best to go with next. Thoughts?

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

3. Cr500. Someone has to say it.

Sweatypants likes this.
  4. britx303

Im thinking thats just too small.

5. britx303

HA! I did find a kx500 Kaw yesterday for myself..........to loop backwards on top of my head, I might be out of touch with dirty bikes.......but not that much:D

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Then the 85 should be good. You can always tone the hit down.

If you want a bit bigger, KTM freeride or Beta Z-Trainer.

7. Just tell yourself you will get rich off the YouTube videos.

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

She's raced flattrack against boys on yz & kx85's......but my memory of their bikes seemed like they were reletively small,but the bikes were customised specifically for FT,and looked as though they may have been lowered........don't know,thats just the impression I got.

9. britx303

Looking at that now,she would like us to get a couple of them for she and I to race here at home....... but 8K bucks to play around the house?? I dont race FZRs because im rich and bored:crackup:

10. Reassembling my bike and doing a once over on it before heading out to ride Saturday morning. Frame is cracked at the weld near the radiators. Fuck. On both sides too. I guess I’ll tear it down when it gets into the 20’s in the desert and re weld and powder coat it. :mad:

No clue how long it’s been like this, I’ve been kind of ignorant with the maintenance besides oil changes. I’m going to ride it this weekend regardless. The cracks look oldish.

A new ktm 300 might be in my future. I wasn’t trying to buy anything until late next year. :confused:

Sweatypants likes this.
  11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

https://dirtbikenews.ca/world-exclu...FapxLH-CvFLF6lIBBEyYcQ1EQITf0LTQY8rnMO_-FYEZ0

12. Sweatypants

You have good insurance now... nut up and let's get dumb... real real dumb

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

14. Yeah alright fuck it. Let’s do it. If I survive you get to ride it next. Viking funerals only.

15. Sweatypants

[​IMG]

16. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Last Sat.
    B0347AA7-8650-4CA6-BC95-375D86EA7EF2.jpeg B23EAE3C-E940-4B34-9844-D6D4FC7A3A1B.jpeg 163A9215-9F07-439E-85E3-730648BB0235.jpeg B9B4ABCB-816A-48F4-A8E3-B4E42F665384.jpeg

eggfooyoung likes this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That last one in the rocks, please tell me you rode down those???

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Are you guy's allowed to cut stuff up and move it on the trails ?

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!