1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congrats to the AMA guys... Oh Wait.

Discussion in 'General' started by nikk777, May 13, 2013.

1. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Well there's your problem, jerk. I've only got a pickup to bring my stuff to the races with, it's not fair that you have a more comfy ride.

2. Chip

Chip Registered

A 15 year old kid AND a sprinter van!?!?!?!

Cherry Picker!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thanks for that, parking both of them would have been a bitch :D

4. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Hey, I showed up with a 13-year-old and a YSR50 in a 12-year-old box van (with 200,000 miles on it) at a CMRRA mini race once and at the riders meeting some guy actually said that it wasn't fair that a kid showed up "in a big truck" when he was driving an old Mitsubishi pickup and that the kid should be bounced out of the Amateur class as a result.

I thought about bringing the kid and his YSR to the next CMRRA race in an actual semi-truck and setting up the big racing awning, but the logistics never worked out.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What? A sprinter van! F@ckin' cherry picker! Joe Lunch box has to push his race bike to the track with all his spares and pit equipment on his back 400 miles through 4 feet of snow, up hill, both ways and you show up with a sprinter van!?!? I bet you even ate FOOD at the track and didn't have to eat grass and dirt!!!

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

How come when sombody starts one of these bitchin threads they are never back to stand up for what they thought was right? This isnt collage sports that once you leave for the pros you cant come back, If you got your ass handed to you just suck it up and take youre ball and go home! Quit whinning that some one is better then you.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I took the 48' gooseneck behind the baby freightliner to a 24 hour hare scramble over in AL with one YZ250F and put up the big awning and everything. Had people freaked the hell out and a bunch of drunken rednecks (the team I was with) laughing their asses off :D

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Shit!

I came in a box van and didn't win anything! I must suck on a whole different level:(

Thats it! Where is the local freightliner dealer. I am not legit enough!

9. Chip

Chip Registered

Scott Carpenter and I showed up at VIR one year right after Scott got his 48ft Trailer. We thought we were going to be the big spenders in the paddock. When we showed up there was a Novice kid there with (2) Ex-BSB / John Reynolds Red Bull Ducati 998's and a full semi with crew...We immediately went back to our comfortable second class status.

Anybody remember that guy? I think he only ran his novice year and one a couple of championships in heavy weight twins....2002-ish? Bikes cost him $100K each.....

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:crackup:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did he run with us or CCS? I remember him but not sure if it was just from Daytona or not, I don't remember him doing a season with us.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

From `72 `till `79 I carried my bike in a Datsun King Kab pickup. Camping gear in the bed, tools and both spare parts in the king part of the 'kab'. Had a ball!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What? a 48 foot trailer!?!? And Scotty raced AMA! Scotty Carpenter is a cherry picker!!!!

and shit! :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Raced him once at VIR in 01. That thing was stupid fast. Thank God for corners.

15. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I did that until 1980-ish, but I didn't have a King Cab, I had a regular-cab with a 4-cylinder and a manual 4-speed. When I put both my bikes in it it looked like it was trying to wheelie!

16. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

So you're saying he couldn't corner low?

17. Chip

Chip Registered

I thought he ran both....

Maybe it was 01....it was super fast....he was not.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I used to push my bike uphill to and from the races.

19. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Anyone can see how a person might get upset at a pro racer "cherry picking" club trophies (even if that's not exactly what happened in this case).
    Then again, I went to a club ice race once with a guy who used to ride a 125 pretty well and currently does ok in Moto2. The club guys at that event just put a target on the pro's back and saw it as an opportunity.
    Different perspectives, I guess.

Hey John, gimme a call sometime.

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I work at one, what you looking for we can set up right up.:D