1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congrats to the AMA guys... Oh Wait.

Discussion in 'General' started by nikk777, May 13, 2013.

1. Hell yea!

As awesome as a regular Rolex Daytona is, they pale in comparison to one of those!

2. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Welcome to the Tball generation.

3. I always loved it when I got to race and practice with the really good pro guys. Tried to learn as much as could in the few corners that I could actually see them after they passed me.

4. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

bwahahahahaha :crackup:

5. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I know a few years ago Jensen and Pegram split Dan coming up the front straight at Beaver while leaving blackies while passing him. Pretty sure it's a highlight in his career:clap:

6. I remember that weekend. Watching them come through turns 1-4 was definitely an eye opener, and taught me a lot! If you talk to Dan, tell him I said what's up. :up:

7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Haven't had the chance yet, but I agree here. Could only help you

8. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Stopped by his house on the way to work actually

9. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

I would have traded places Nikki in a heartbeat! I got a garage full of busted bikes, and all my competition is out there learning how to ride FAST with The Rocket!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :down:

Attached Files:

10. :stupid:

:(

11. Chip

Chip Registered

:stupid:

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Nice pic!! We missed your crazy ass this weekens. get those busted bikes fixed soon.:beer:

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Now THERE'S a blast from the past! :D

14. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Really? You pick this to whine about? You are throwing money in a hole with no guarantee of return. Ride faster.

15. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

True dat, if I recall, you started one of those threads, for the life of me I can't recall if you were a whiner or on the other end, what does stand out is some dude with a girls name was whining about "Pros" :)

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Tracee is a girl.

17. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Road Atlanta For sure!

By that time everyone will be so fast I will prolly get lapped :eek:

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's very possible that I started one of discussions, I don't remember for sure. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't about myself, since I was a novice. Laurie Acree hated me something fierce for a while. :D

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I wasn't sure at the time but it/he sounded like one who lost their tea set.

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

This is motorcycle racing, not a Two-wheeled Affirmative Action program. The concept is easy: Go faster and ride better than other people for the duration of the race and you may win. (The alternative is Track Days that don't run transponder systems, because then everybody is a winner!)

Sometimes as part of my ongoing scouting for talent, I will put a WERA kid on one of my bikes and see what happens.

Joe Roberts is 15 and has raced with WERA from a very young age. He has never held a pro license and he has never been paid to race or ride a motorcycle. He had never raced at Barber before this weekend. He had never raced a 600, let alone a Honda 600 which some BBS "experts" have claimed is too slow to be competitive.

So, the actual complaint seems to be, "It's not fair that a kid with more talent and skill than I have beat me with a smaller bike!"

Or maybe, "It's not fair that somebody who has been racing with WERA for more than 30 years gave a kid a shot and put him on a good bike, and the kid beat me!"

The kid was a legal entrant in the race, paid for his entry just like everybody else and had as much right to be there and race as anybody else.

Reminds me of showing up at Daytona for the CCS ROC once with 16-year-old John Hopkins, who had never seen the track. He won some races and some lady came over and yelled at us that it wasn't fair that we showed up with a semi-truck and "stole" her husband's titles with our 16-year-old new kid. She specifically mentioned the semi-truck, so for her, the size of your transport vehicle should have determined whether you where allowed to enter the race.

This time we brought a Sprinter van to Barber, left the two semi-trucks at home.