1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CHASTAIN

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Anyone see the last lap of the Nascar race? Ross Chastain needed a few more points to outscore Denny Hamlin to contend for the title next week. So he fulled throttled half way around the Martinsville short track while slammed against the outside wall. It was spectacular. It looked like a cartoon he was moving so fast. He beat Hamlin by about 6'. Probably destroyed the car but he's in the finals.

wsmc42, ducnut and JBall like this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That shit was epic.

I heard that he beat the track record by a 0.10, but I can see why just maybe he won't be credited.

R/T Performance likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Chastain's team is probably cheering silently while the Crew Chief is trying to figure out how much this is gonna cost in fines, which you know some hard-ass official is gonna try to levy after digging deeply into the rulebook, using very liberal interpretations of his findings.

5. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Did you hear the interview after the race? He said something like he's been doing that in the NASCAR video game since he was a kid.
    I want him to win the title for that move alone.

How bad do you want it?

Full throttle around the outside using the wall as a berm and bumping people out of the way bad.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The sad reality is that Hamlin will punt him into the wall next week just for spite.

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Hero move

BigBird likes this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I was just reading that Hamlin actually applauded the kid. Said it was the greatest move he's ever seen.

9. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

2.5 seconds faster than the leader on that last lap. After Larson did a similar video game move a while back, I wonder if it's going to be the next thing everybody does on the last lap? Desperation move but perfect timing and perfect execution by Chastain.

10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

It was an epic move for sure. Wow.

11. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

all of the above:bow:

12. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Slingshot…engage

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You're probably right, they've been playing bumper cars all year. Hamlin's a cunt, he sucked on Jordan's kneecaps and now Nascar owes him bigtime, he gets all of the coverage.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that, I don’t watch nascar, so I wouldn’t have seen it.

That was really cool.

BigBird likes this.
  15. I don’t follow (and hate) NASCAR, but I watched this to see what everyone was talking about.

While that is pretty cool, surely it is illegal as fuck, right?

If it isn’t, I have a feeling it soon will be. Surely they will want to put a stop to that shit before it has a chance to be a regular thing on the last lap.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not illegal. But probably will be like you said but this is pretty much the only track where that would work at also.

Gorilla George and rd400racer like this.
  17. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

haven't watched nap car in a few years. this was a crazy move that padi off good for him and ty gibbs getting into the playoffs

18. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

for those wondering what the failed attempt looked like

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Old PS3 cheat,called rim riding. :)
    Great move.

20. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Not a rule breaker. A rule maker.

And my family and I were watching, and when it looked like Denny was in and Chastain was out, I turned away from the TV. Didn't actually see what he did till they replayed it, and though they had it I fast forward.
    Chastain stated that he just grabbed 5th gear where they normally downshifting to 3rd (the whole race everyone was using 3rd and 4th) and stood on it hoping for the best.