1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we talk about Masters?

Discussion in 'General' started by APO2112, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

ok.

I thought one of the original ideas behind the rule was to help limit costs. I was making the case that no one cared.

CCS doesn’t care what MC you run for SuperSport and their grids are stacked. Therefore, the rule is in fact a bit silly, and literally does nothing aside from potentially turn would be superstock racers from another org away… OR they just run SS with an aftermarket Brembo and no one protests because no one cares. In fact ALSO making the rule useless and dumb.

I think too many of you took my above post as a shot at WERA and it was definitely NOT. I was stating what I liked about another ORG. I’m not taking shots at WERA. I want them to have 30+ riders on the grid too. Why isn’t it happening? What’s the difference?

I’ll still do as many WERA races and CCS races as I can next year. So this whole thing is pointless..

Besides, no one is gunna protest B-SuperStock when every racer in the class is also on the podium.

PARTYYYY

APO2112 likes this.
  2. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

Yes that correct, though it doesn’t mean I’ll be using one anytime soon.

More to the point, I think they should be allowed or the rule enforced. It’s already aggravating enough to race cheater motors, but when there’s an obvious illegal part that the entire community ignores, it makes me scratch my head?

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

WERA doesnt allow you to buy your grid positions either... based on points first... another plus. :)
    Last CCS event I did required a westhold transponder that worked intermittently at best... that I bought new. But I was there to race... As the advice I was given when starting out... make your bike WERA legal and all other orgs will be a breeze.

javyday likes this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Go race CCS. Enjoy the morning registration lines where you miss your practice session because the reg. people couldn't care less.

You save on your entry fee AND get to run a fancy MC that you could run in WERA classes as well but just choose to bitch about it.

You can't make this shit up.

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You are confusing cause and effect with correlation aftermarket MC may have nothing to do with grid size. Therefore, your logic fails and your side of the debate becomes indefensible. Your further speculation based on faulty logic is therefore negated also. When one is having a logical debate, one should use facts to support a position. BTW, "stacked" is a very imprecise term which means nothing in an either absolute or relative value. It does have a nice ring and emotional overtone, however.

TurboBlew and 418 like this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

if someone finishes ahead of you with an illegal part and its costing you points... thats on you and you only. Or you could talk with your competitors...

7. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

If it makes to OP feel any better, I've personally seen and had discussions with riders signed up for SS classes with illegal parts on their bike. I've also seen and personally DQ'ed bikes that came thru post race tech that were illegal for the class.

Those examples were before you were racing, but still...

WERA certainly takes cheating seriously.

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How about Carrillo rods? Can we use those?

9. kenessex

Sure, if you want to. We ran 291s on our 24 hr endurance Production GPZ550.
    In my production world you can run any DOT legal street tire. But, you can't swap rim sizes to get a different tire size, even if it is a safety item.

10. Trainwreck

I do race CCS.. I race both. I’ve never missed CCS morning practice.. I also run a hardwired transponder with CCS and have never had a timing issue

The amount of offense you guys are taking over a comparison between orgs is ridiculous..

“gO rAcE cCs ThEn”

come on you guys.. be realistic. No org is perfect.

Once again, I LIKE WERA. I LIKE RACING WERA. I LIKE THE STAFF, PEOPLE, RACERS ETC!

Heaven forbid someone mentions another org and what they like about it.. or has any sort of criticism about the org this forum is based on.

If you would have read the whole post, I mention that I dunno much about running an org or what goes into it. I was stating what I liked about orgs as a CUSTOMER of both. As well as the MC rule being silly.

also.. I run a stock MC so I CAN run all 8 classes that I want to with WERA.

my statements were opinions from other racers as well.

“I’m not driving over there to race only 2-4 classes because of my Brembo MC”

are actual conversations I’ve had with other racers.

whatevs though I guess. Lol

and as far as “buying” grid positions? Lol yeah that’s super dumb. ASRA does have qualifying though.

I also like that WERA does a grid based on practice times.

The fast guys ALWAYS filter to the front anyway.

Tyson10R likes this.
  11. Trainwreck

I have yet to see it enforced, and I don’t care to see it enforced. There is a prominent racer pulling actual contingency money from the superstock classes. They even post their videos up on the internet where you can clearly see their Brembo MC and remote adjuster all the way over to the clutch side.

are those Brembo’s winning his races?

not in the least bit. Rules are rules though..

12. 418

418 Expert #59

There is you and maybe a handful of other people that want to race ALL fookin day. The rest of us are content with 2 or 4 races in a day, so this issue you and the other guys bring up is just not reality for the rest of us.

And like it was mentioned, this argument that MC rules are stopping the grids from expanding is flawed. It's not going to make the WERA grids "stacked". There is CCS guys and there is WERA guys. A few in between but I've found that once a guy like the way a org runs, they tend to stick with it. CCS guys like the cost, practice structure and the cheap transponders. WERA guys like the better track selection and the fact that it's just a better run race weekend most of the time.

You're getting your dick clapped because you're coming in here telling us a solution to a problem that doesn't exist but in a handful of heads. And....it's been talked about before ad nauseam.

13. Trainwreck

At no point did I say or imply that CCS grids were bigger because they allowed aftermarket MC’s.. LOLWUT

I did however, imply that the basis of the rule being a cost measure for the SS class has NOTHING to do with HELPING keep costs down.

As far as the use of the word “stacked” in regards to grid counts? Ok. The CCS equivalent 600 SS grid on Saturday had roughly 380% MORE riders on grid compared the the WERA C-SuperStock race. Would this fit the description better? Please help I’m trying to be better at making myself more clear with what I’m trying to say.

my meds wear off in the afternoon and I barely maintain conversations afterwards.

APO2112 likes this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

You literately said exactly that...bruh.

ToofPic likes this.
  15. Trainwreck

nah, I completely understand not wanting to race all day for sure.

however, grids with 2-6 people on them aren’t a problem?

If not, then I have no more to add.

I like WERA more than CCS TBH. I also think they run a better show, and also the tracks are WAYYY better. I’m 40 minutes from Grattan. I want to run a 20 minutes race there with 30 other people.

not an 8 lap sprint with one other guy on the track.

I want WERA to do well, I want them to make money if possible, and I may be wrong but wouldn’t a higher racer count assist with that?

16. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Can we just go back to letting Crack Day Dookie buy WERA out so we dont have these debates anymore?

spoon32 and TurboBlew like this.
  17. Trainwreck

I said it’s clear that allowing the MC is NOT lowering grid count (do to cost or whatever reason WERA banned it) That doesn’t mean I said “because of aftermarket MC’s being allowed that it’s has made the CCS grids larger.”

It’s very clear that I am having trouble explaining my thought process behind why the MC rule is silly. It’s not your faults. It’s mine… I’m sorry.

Can we run an Öhlins RSP40 in Superstock?

18. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I'm confused
    ??
    Do you even like Wera or some group called ccs(never heard of it)
    You're being very vague.
    Do you like the Wera family/ racers?
    It's not coming through in the constant novels you post.
    Do you even race ?

19. kenessex

Grammatically, the use of and would imply a relationship between the two parts of a compound sentence. Otherwise they would be two separate sentences. It certainly seems like you said that because CCS doesn't care about MCs, then the grids are stacked.

20. Trainwreck

I understand.

Not what I meant. Sorry.