1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Nice,finally looks like a proper coilover suspension yea, dry sump and all for under 60

BigBird and XFBO like this.
  2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

+1

Their starting price is nucking futs!!! I expected a starting price of $75k......that thing is gonna fly off the showroom floor at under $60k.......0-60 under 3 seconds, 495HP, daily driver??? Dang!

I was just looking at older Vette's again this evening, might have to wait & see if C7's will be coming up for sale at crazy low prices. :D

Here's an actual pic from their FB page, not a concept drawing.

[​IMG]

raven433 likes this.
  3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

More I read, the more I think GM knocked that one out of the park. Didn't think they could bring it in at a price that low, even if that is a stripper model. Plus, they have tons of headroom over the next couple years for the inevitable Z06 and ZR1 versions.

XFBO likes this.
  4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

C6 and C7 prices just dropped through the floor...

BigBird likes this.
  5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The z versions of this car are going to be crushing everything under 400k.

tony 340 and XFBO like this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No. Coil springs.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It looks like the took the current car, pushed the greenhouse forward, and stuck the engine behind. All the trim pieces and everything look the same.

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Having looked at more video, I think in 3d, real world, it's going to be striking.

mpusch likes this.
  9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Weird, I saw one of those walking out of work yesterday, same color and everything. For some reason it had horse on it and a badge that said 458 though.

10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Never seen one.... A Camaro on the other hand, looks nothing like this car IMO.

11. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

At 60g, skels can buy their own.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Don't make fun of "his" pursuit of happiness. It's what makes our pursuit possible.

cortezmachine and pscook like this.
  13. I idea how GM can knock this thing out of the park then still be GM. Well I do know how, most of the corvette team is handpicked, like a company within a company.

tony 340, BigBird and ChemGuy like this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dont worry. I expect some bean counting, soulless GM troll to find a way to F&^%$ this Chevy up.

Like they always do....:(

15. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I'll assume you're referencing the Camaro. I can also assume you've never seen one since you think those cars look the same.

I've never seen a Camero, but maybe that looks like the new Vette. :confused:

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Well, those are definitely two completely different things.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Off to get my gold chains and Hawaiian shirt today. :D

BigBird, Yzasserina and rd400racer like this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Soooo who's gonna be the first here to come home with one and give us his/ her personal review??? :D

Razr likes this.
  19. They don’t touch corvette. The corvette team has a different structure all together. They hand pick a lot of the good people. The corvette and the truck teams used to be somewhat of the elite at GM (relatively speaking) but once car and truck merged the truck team lost all its power and the corvette team stayed mostly untouched. It absolutely blows my mind they can build a lower volume vehicle at this price point that is that good, when you look at the corvette it’s very hard to argue the value of it as a sports car. I always find it funny when magazines to comparison tests of the vette against the likes of Porsche, Ferrari etc. performance wise it’s very good but the less than 50% of the cost has to come from somewhere. It doesn’t have the interior of a Ferrari nor ever will but if you want a fun quick car at a decent price there’s nothing that is that good of a value. Some may argue a gt 350, hellcat, blah blah but they don’t have what the vette does. I’m not much of a vette fan but so have a lot of respect for what they’ve done at the price point- and they still make $ off of them.

Gino230, XFBO and ducnut like this.
  20. I’ll get to drive one week after next. Only on public roads though. 2nd week of sept I’ll get to take one out at the proving grounds.

WANABE RACER, XFBO and BigBird like this.