1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*BOMBSHELL!!!!* Spies signs with Suzuki MotoGP!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I'm just saying he was lucky that Kawi picked him up in the first place after Ben waxed his ass on the Yamaha. If Checa goes to Kawi, he'll wax him too but he's lucky his Grandfather is tied closely to Kawi so he'll still have a job.

Tom Sykes is riding really well. WSBK def has some bad ass bar to bar racing compared to MotoGP.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Funny, I thought Sykes was just about the only rider from WSBK that I would potentially see going up.

The rest are very sub-alien or has-been if not plain geriatric...

3. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

:Poke: lol..somethings coming..at Miller when chatting with Fujio (Yosh) about the "backwards steps since 09" in the engine (you could tell he wanted to laugh)... i said something about the R1 and he did his smirk...then smiled "i think new platform coming"....followed quickly by "But i am not certain" hahah...i can read between lines..they too are NOT happy with the current short stroke POS engine!! Street guys bitch about it...club guys bitch... AMA guys hate it... WSBK guys wanna burn it to the ground.. .now if only some of suzuki's engineers were around when they did this in 1988..they might not have done it...

Might not be cross plane but i feel something is coming from them....

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If every team in DMG pooled their money I doubt they could pay Spies' fees.

5. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

And if they did I'm sure they'd want a refund when Hayes stomped all over him.

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

^^^ LOL ^^^

7. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

Regardless of the engine, ECU, chassis, suspension, I love to see Sykes running near the front. And pulling for him the entire time, but its hard to argue with the racing that WSBK is putting out this year.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You dont read between the lines very well then.

He wanted to laugh because some "american" wanna-bee know it all with bikes that can only be beaten by cheater motors is trying to talk shop with him.

He and the other Jackie Chans prob had a good laugh.

sirrery american tark rike he knrow hower to bruird engerine. rar rar rar

9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

wow. haven't had a laugh like that in a while.

10. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

12. racertex

racertex vintage dude

rumor is that mr. sykes isn't the easiest person to get along with. he is definitely having a good year though.

13. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

[​IMG]

14. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

You owe me a keyboard!!!

15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

:crackup: @ Boost.

But really, this silly season is gettin' ridiculous. And Sykes ain't going anywhere - he's the best thing to happen to Kawi in a long time.

Curious about Spies, though. I hope he remains in MGP.

16. Sykes has been having a great year, but man, when I was watching Marco follow him around in race 2 on sunday, I just knew it was inevitable that Marco would pass him for the victory. I could see that Tom was loosing a bit of drive grip in the later laps. Still though, that was IMO the best full dry race for the Kawi this year. The tire didn't seem to degrade nearly as fast as it did most of the other races this year.

17. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

best comment on crash.net

"in other news, a casual conversation between dovi and cal just broke out into FISTACUFFS...!!!
    "

18. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

:crackup:

and now everyone knows I'm not paying attention in this meeting. Totally worth it.

19. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

A weird day for BS to make this announcement. According to Yamaha official tweets, they are at Yamaha US HQ in california shooting a video with "all four GP riders". Ben's most recent tweets show him getting ready for the video, wearing silly hats.

Is BS messing with us, and there is some joke related to the Yamaha video? If not, it must be awkward at Yamaha US HQ today....

20. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Ya know, I kinda thought the same thing........

Who fuckin knows. The silly season seems to be year round these days.