1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLM bullys

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RazzelldazelS, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I know you don't give a shit about the Actual FACTS, and like to argue based your emotions and opinion.

Perhaps you should instead read a little more..than just what the Huffington Post and MSN has to say about it.:D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What facts am I missing? I don't give a shit if it's state or county land or who is in charge of administering it for whatever reasons - that's normal stupid ass bullshit the government always does. However, my feelings on that score don't affect the fact that the guys is using the land and NOT paying. You're the one arguing emotion because you don't like the feds - which is funny since what you complain about on your land is state and local authorities telling you what to do. The same people you seem to be saying you'd be okay with charging Bundy for use of the land.

Still changes nothing. He has not paid anyone for 20 years. He has been stealing - from the state, the county, the feds - for 20 years.

3. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

When I first moved here 20 years ago, one of the first things I learned was "whiskey's for drinkin', water's for fightin' over". The Mormons, bless their heart, figured it out pretty quick and their solutions were the basis for most Water Rights Law in the West.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Like I said...Way more to the story, not cut n dry. Thief..or perhaps the thief is the Fed. again.

Fact is, it isn't even over him not paying...at all..that was one of the concocted excuses, along with some bullshit about a Tortoise habitat and endangerment....it is about the Fed Few, wanting him and his cows off the land..so it can be used for "The Greater Good"=$$$$

And you are correct, I don't like much government intervention in my dealings...but given the choice, I will take Local & State.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Story is cut and dry. Been someone elses land since before 93. He paid til 93. He stopped paying.

The fed and the turtle could be bullshit - still doesn't matter, the land isn't his. Doesn't matter who manages the land and gets the money - the land still isn't his. The fed is taking his cows because he hasn't paid.

Would you feel any different if the state was taking the cows?

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

When you hear the rest of the story, perhaps your opinion will change, maybe not.

DFCAM:up:

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Anyone talking about the rancher using up resources on this federal land doesn't know that cattle grazing on the land is actually good for the land. The plains are getting mowed and fertilized for free. They should be grateful he is putting the cattle out there. And the tortoise excuse? Give me a freaking break!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not his land. Not paying. Those are the facts, the rest is smoke and mirrors bullshit.

Just because you don't like the landlord doesn't give you the right to not pay.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The tortoise is a moot point. The man is getting free grazing he should be paying for. Grazing he DID pay for. Just like other ranchers do for millions of head every year on land that isn't theirs.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Doesn't it just help grow back what they eat? It's not like cow shit turns the vegetation into Colombian coffee or something. :D

11. ped

ped Banned

if you hate the federal government are you saying you hate the constitution?

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like, at least for the moment, the Feds are backing off. There are so many stories circulating about this deal it's hard to tell exactly who is right. Of course the eight hundred gorilla in this fight is the Federal Government, which in no way means that they are always right, so it's still game on for the rancher, and since he's been fighting with the Feds since 1993 over just who it is that actually "owns" this range land, it doesn't appear that the fight will end anytime soon.

I wonder it it's going to be some situation like this, considering the history of the Ruby Ridge and Waco incidents, that will actually start the serious gunfire? There were plenty of people that were ready to start a war back when the Waco incident occurred and the emotion is a lot stronger now than then. This could be really interesting.

13. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

The federal gov and the constitution are absolutely two different things.

14. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Statements from his daughter

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  15. ped

ped Banned

a war because you dont like property rights...but you strongly support property rights. You love america but hate everything about it....you want to start a war agaisnt the FEDS and staunchly support soldiers in the US armed forces

16. ped

ped Banned

wow :bow:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So the daughters facts are the same as mine. Interesting.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I think there are monkeys involved in that process...

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him.
    Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even existed.
    Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it.
    They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Auction and sell them.
    All with our tax money.
    They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars.
    See how slick they are?
    Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks"

Funy, You think the same thing..?? I must have missed it.

MootPoint...one of your favorites...

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That does it for me, fair and accurate 'facts' from an unbiased source...