1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Carwow has a nice vid out with the Porsche beating the Urus Performante, the X5M competition and the GLS 63AMG s. Got smoked by the plaid tho. But i would say it doesn’t count since it was all straight line and the plaid, surprise, sucked donkey balls at braking

2. Meh. The Plaid loses by default because it is electric.

BigBird likes this.
  3. IMO, Lambo went a chickenshit route with the Performante.

They didnt like the TGT beating their lap record. But instead of actually making the car better to take the record (like Porsche did going from the Turbo to the Turbo GT), Lambo made a few minor tweaks, none of which made a real difference, but then spec'ed it with some super soft Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo-R tires that are damn near like Slicks.

When the Performante is delivered, it comes with those special Trofeo-R tires and they also give you a set of "regular" tires. And a warning is given that as delivered (with the Trofeo-R's) the car isn't supposed to be driven in the rain. If you want to drive in the rain or cold, you need to swap to the regular tires.

But because it comes equipped with those tires, technically they can be used to try to get the lap record, because it is a production based record, and that is how the car comes from the Factory.

If you spend months developing and making a better car, then good on you; you earned the lap record. But to essentially throw some Race Slicks on it, call them "production tires" and cover yourself with a disclaimer that customers aren't supposed to drive in the rain, and then go after the record, I find that chickenshit.

Trainwreck and Phl218 like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

A lot of companies do that special tire thing now with the Lightning Lap in Car and Driver. (Hyundai did not get that memo in the latest one though, sending cars with worn out tires lol)

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. I can't say Porsche didn't do it with the TGT, because they did. They specifically developed these P-Zeros for the TGT. But that was after changing engine internals, radiators, transmission, turbos, wheels, exhaust, suspension, axles, brakes, aero package, electronics, bodywork, etc.

They changed the car (regular Turbo) from the ground up, then gave it good tires (that can still be used in all weather conditions).

Rather than leaving the car essentially unchanged, and throwing some (damn near) Race Slicks on it.

BigBird likes this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Whatever, the TGT is just a myth.

Phl218, gixxerboy55 and Saiyan66 like this.
  7. :crackup:

Well played. :D

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm driving a Performante today as a loaner while I get the oil changed on my Tundra. That's an unusual sentence.

SuddenBraking, HPPT and BigBird like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I want no part of that.

mpusch, Saiyan66 and vfrket like this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I can see that dash when it's off, all black...just like in the "Heart of Gold" from the Hitchhiker's Guide.
    "I wonder what that black button does?" :D

12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

13. :stupid:
    :stupid:

Yeah I don’t like that at all.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Where are the buttons?

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Their virtual buttons.

16. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20230329_132316_Facebook.jpg

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Hey...look another abortion of a vehicle.

cav115, fastfreddie, Saiyan66 and 2 others like this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Ugh. Did they learn nothing from the reception the Mustang Mach-E got from enthusiasts? That car would have been the perfect time for Ford to resurrect the Mercury name for their electric vehicles. What better to start with than the Mercury Mach-E (say it out loud if you don't get it).
    Sure, build it, but don't put the Corvette label on it.

BigBird likes this.