Best songs of the 90’s.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Nobody mentioned Body Count!!

CBRRRRR999 and ToofPic like this.
  2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Nas - NY State of Mind
    RATM - Killing in the Name

Too many pages deep to see what all has been mentioned, but the first page may have well have been "best songs on the radio" :Poke:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  3. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

On page 1 post 16
    Seen live and heard in countless late night mosh pits.

4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Marcus Playground - Aunt Mary video!
    Screaming Trees
    Suicidal Tendencies anything

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Who’s Marcus? Marcie’s cousin? :Poke:

Screaming trees should’ve got way more recognition than half the shitty Seattle bands that did.

I think the entire grunge category has been under represented in this thread but I’ve done way too much derailing and or railing in it already...

ToofPic likes this.
  6. ToofPic

Fggn spell check on a phone and my no proof reading. Marcy's Playground

long path/road and 27 like this.
  7. ToofPic

Type O negative
    Everything!
    And Janes Addiction Mountain Song had me horny for chicks in diapers. Would love to have been in that video!!

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  8. Dave Wolfe

'99 maybe, Im at a topless joint I think Fritz's somewhere near long beach. The dude Im with points to the next table over and says "That's Ice T". I had no clue. All of the waitresses were hangin all over him.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  9. Dave Wolfe

Man I loved Janes Addiction back then

ToofPic likes this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

York. I worked at a lumber yard in high school with Live's drummer Chad Gracey and his brother Matt, who was their lead sound tech. Both were good dudes. Their Dad was the regional manager of the small chain of stores. We used to steal his beer and watch them jam in the garage. They were named Public Affection prior to being discovered by Jerry Harrison from the Talking Heads at CBGB in NYC one night. He changed their name to Live.
    Funny thing is they all swore they were going to make it and we were like, OK bros, whatever. They were good for a high school garage band, but star material, No. Harrison's help and an MTV up and comers tour boosted their career. They put out and EP "Four Songs" under their new name Live back in 1990ish, went on the MTV tour and took off. Their radio stuff was so so, but some of their other stuff ended up being bad ass, T.B.D. and White Discussion being two.
    Musically, Chad's drumming was really solid and Patrick's bass playing was good. Chad Taylor's guitar work was OK for the band, but nothing special. Ed's vocals and song writing is what made them.
    They all remain nice, down to earth guys and give back to the community via seed money for start ups and economic development initiatives.

27, Yzasserina and ToofPic like this.
  11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Blue Monday - New Order.

Yzasserina, CBRRRRR999 and ToofPic like this.
  12. ToofPic

Love the dog in that video

13. ToofPic

That's a great story!! I once dated a chick that use to play a demo tape from her dad's recording studio in Athens Georgia. She told me they were called REM.
    It is something I will never forget.
    Riding in that little convertible and her playing that tape of them,and what a freak of a chick she was!!

CBRRRRR999 and Spang308 like this.
  14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I've got my spine, I've got my orange crush.

ToofPic likes this.
  15. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

c-12 with a7
    what you saying??? you can't read?:Poke::crackup: all fun brother.. gret stuff. there she was.!

britx303 likes this.
  16. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Hole - Violet
    Soundgarden - 4th of July
    The Cardigans - My favorite game
    STP - Interstate love song
    Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonaise
    B.I.G. - Hypnotize

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

GWAR-Crack in the egg

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So all the emo without the mascara? :D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:crackup:Deleting again!!!!???? GWAR is satirically bad and not death metal. They did do some stuff where they set the “poo-poo” aside and focused seriously on the music, just not enough. Violence Has Arrived is the finest example of them being more serious, and is my personal favorite besides the OG, Hell-O. The movies are really a mood thing. Sometimes I’ve been able to laugh at them and other times Ive been absolutely annoyed.

27 likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m trying not to post anything negative about anything :) wish me luck!

CBRRRRR999 and britx303 like this.