Ben Bostrom was at JGP today...

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Feb 22, 2012.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

:crackup: I can only imagine how that would go.

2. It would be EPIC :clap:

People would actually look forward to the Riders Meetings.

Mr. Microphone would never have to make a "3rd and final call for the Riders Meeting, if you guys are racing today, come on down" because people would already be there, anxiously awaiting to hear what Dan has to say. :crackup:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but no, Dan would be fired from WERA too. Riders meetings aren't for being cute, they're to give you information.

4. I can think of A LOT of things to describe Dan, but "cute" isn't one of them. :crackup:

All kidding aside, he does pass on excellent information and he takes rider safety very serious. His meetings are/were very informative and he passed on the same information that are given at just about every riders meeting (TD or Races), but he did it in a way that was fun and amusing...which actually kept people's attention.

So in theory, due to people paying more attention, his riders meetings were actually more informative. :D

Im just sayin'.

5. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

Have you ever heard him do a riders meeting? He cares more about saftey than anyone I've ever seen do a riders meeting. His "Cuteness" is truth and he doesn't beat around the bush.. He tells it like it is... Id recommend him to anyone for a riders meeting! :bow:

6. :stupid:

We were typing damn near the same thing at the same time.:beer:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I have. Doesn't matter, his methods would not work for WERA. Period. I never said he didn't care or anything of the sort, I said our riders meeting are not there for entertainment they are to give you information. The information passed on at our meetings isn't the same as a track day either. If it is I'm not sure why they'd discuss grids pr start procedures at a trackday just as we're not going to need to go over all the flags or explain how to enter and exit the track.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Who replaced Chuck?

9. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

With all due respect.... I promise you Dan's meetings gave riders imformative "need to know" information. Dan cared about everyone's safety! He may have came off as harsh to a few (and only a few it was), but he was direct & fair.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the harsh detracts from it no matter how cool you all think it is. It's not professional and it isn't necessary or good in any way. I realize you will all of course disagree but the simple fact is he would not be able to work for WERA doing that. That isn't my opinion, it's Evelynes and since she determines what is or isn't appropriate it happens to be a simple fact that you can't argue against no matter how much you don't like it.

11. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Ben is flying this offseason...killer laps at Homestead and JGP... Will he challenge Blake and Josh? It would be cool. Nice work.

12. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

Well if he did a wera riders meeting I'm sure he wouldn't talk about pit out and exiting.. he would talk about what he needed too.. :rolleyes:

13. Stop trying to ruin our fun with facts. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never mind, I can see that the ooh it's cool the guy at pit out cusses at the riders meeting he is sooooo rad crowd is too strong for me. Yes, his riders meetings are truly appropriate for all situations that's why he is still employed at Jennings.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

why not just buy a racetrack in the southeast and hire Dan for race/track control? A perfect nuclear soluton! :D

16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

You telling someone that being too harsh detracts from the message, classic! :crackup:

17. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

:Pop:

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

WERA BBS word association test:

I say:...........................................You all say:
    Hookers............................................ Blow
    Pie...................................................Mongo
    Three foot.........................................Screwdriver
    Roebling............................................Screwdriver
    Jennings............................................Dan

:rolleyes:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you ever seen me do a riders meeting ar be harsh with anyone when it's not in response to their words or actions?

Yeah, didn't think so. Riders meeting isn't sitting around a fire drinking beers at night.

What they all keep using as examples of cool is absolutely unacceptable for a riders meeting sorry.

20. thiagoleal23

thiagoleal23 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that :up::up: