1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain | MotoGP 2016 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Mladin

2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Crutchlow

3. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

All of us won - It was a win for all who know what is just and right in the World.... The Spanish Armada *and* the Evil Red Empire was defeated by a humble Italian who came from 8th on lap one to score a glorious Victory!! :D

Dragginass and flyingpig70 like this.
  4. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

[​IMG]

5. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I've used that form of stacher before during talk to text,physically changed one to the other and I guess the override changes it. probably also why "to" changes to "TJ" on my last phone.

6. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Good call on this one.

Dragginass likes this.
  7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Ask Rob P

8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Why? So he can try to take out the entire field?

Repeated over exuberance has no place at that level. Make him sit out a race. Next one this year, ban him for a year.

He is a very talented, albeit out-of-control rider. One would think that after the prior incidents, plus losing the Ducati seat, he would exercise prudence and some level of caution. But, he just demonstrated today that he is incapable of that.

Yes, he saved Lorenzo a fair measure of further embarrassment. But, for Lorenzo, some points, regardless of how far down he might have ultimately finished, would be better than 0.

Exciting race for sure - throughout the field.

Nice to see Crashlow actually achieve a decent finish for a change. Perhaps Iannone could learn some prudence from him.

Rossi & MM being professional in winner's circle was nice to see. And MM not reverting to old habits and crashing someone out in his effort to win is also nice to witness. Again, maybe Iannone should take a lesson . . . .

The old man put it on 'em.

I'll be at Assen in 3 weeks - - looking forward to another good race.

Cheers,

Dave

Dragginass likes this.
  9. ped

ped Banned

Rossi on Michelin's...his decline started with bstones so is this a light at the end of the tunnel? Best season so far in a very long time...

10. Benmont

Benmont Well-Known Member

im not sure if I enjoyed watching lorenzo slide from 1st to 6th or get taken out by Iannone more lol

Dragginass likes this.
  11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I'm fine. Hell of a race from Rossi, that was vintage stuff. I thought Marquez had a bit up his sleeve, but clearly he didn't.
    Lorenzo's race was a disaster even before he got Ianonne-ied. Slow mo showed his front was badly grained. I'm not sure he would've finished top ten had he not been taken out.
    Either way, it's good for the championship. Rossi just got a reset for Mugello and I'm sure Marquez will have his bad luck as well.

SamG and BHP41 like this.
  12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

All's fair. I'll rock this one at least until the next round.

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Congrats on one of the stupidest things ever posted on a race thread.

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

RobP, above is a good target for your derision.

I get pretty annoyed by Lorenzo off track, but I sure as shit don't like seeing riders get torpedoed. I'd also like to know why he was falling back so fast. Lorenzo doesn't suck that bad, and I'd rather see him get beat, than have his equipment fail.

I'm pretty impressed Marquez was able to mount an attack on Rossi. He seemed to be riding over the limit just to maintain.

This might be one of Rossi's most impressive years.

15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Actually I think the way it should've gone down was that the safety committee made their recommendation to Dorna, Dorna along with race direction should have called a special rider's meeting and gathered opinions then they should've decided on a course of action.

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Damn, anyone else get choked up during the tribute?

Absolutely terrible thinking that the team reassembled the bike and had to work on anything knowing your guy wasn't coming back:(

Fuck that's the only thing i hate about racing is the fact that everything could be perfect and it takes just a few seconds of bad luck to end:(

RIP

sowega likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How do you figure that? He made the switch to the 'Stones mid-season in 2007 and said he was immediately happier on them, but couldn't stop Stoner's Ducati juggernaut. Then in 2008 he won the title on them....in 2009 everyone switched to the Bridgestones and he won the title again. I definitely wouldn't say that his decline started with the Bridgestones. His first decline started after 2005 when he expressed displeasure with the M1 in 06/07.

18. caferace

caferace No.

The day is young.

In other news, the PR for AeS quotes him as giving 200% today. Impressive. :D

-jim

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hard not to. I saw the footage of the crash on Youtube (apparently the only thing that caught it was a trackside security camera, but it was such a oddly bizarre crash in the way it happened. It seems like if Salom was literally a foot to the left or the right of where the bike hit the wall he would've been OK.

20. caferace

caferace No.

It was Friday night likely around 6:30pm when the safety committee meeting broke up. No time to gather them all up, many of whom were probably no longer at the circuit.

-jim