1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain | MotoGP 2016 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Could've been addressed first thing Saturday AM.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Oh ok. That means Rossi. Suck it Rob P. :Poke:

3. caferace

caferace No.

No way. Takes a long time to reconfigure, and getting it wrong is simply not an option. They probably worked on it all night.

-jim

ChuckS likes this.
  4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Fantastic race!

They have this meeting at every round. They meet and at that time they decided that the only way to continue was to change the track layout. Every rider that was there had a say. Those that didn't go can not bitch about the decisions made. They had every opportunity to be there just as the 10 that did show. If Lorenzo wanted his voice heard, then he should have been at the meeting. They can't stop and say, whoa the WC isn't here, let's call him and see what he thinks. He may be WC but no rider is above another when it comes to saftey.

We're talking saftey of ALL riders. That was the focus of the meeting it seems. No one should have to say, "make sure you are in the saftey meeting" after the tragic events on Fri. It was held in the same place at the scheduled time.

flyboy likes this.
  5. BHP41

Big hats off to Dorna and Carmelo for the way that they have handled this weekend. I've given Carmelo crap in the past with the CRT stuff and before that. But it has been nothing but professionalism from him during this weekend. Much respect for someone that seems to care for every rider as if they were his own.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Good point, I hadn't thought of that angle.
    Very, very doubtful. You picked the two guys nobody's going to tell what to do. They are just too important to their respective factories.
    :stupid: Several times in the years since he headbutted Pol Espargaro in a gravel trap, I've started to think that maybe my opinion of him was too harsh. Every time, he's brought me back to reality and confirmed that I'm right.
    I sure hope it's the first option because the second one makes you sound like a c**t. Lorenzo didn't exactly slide down gently.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was expert-on-novice crime. I was speechless. I mean, you know how good those guys are that he passed like that? Shit. :bow:

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

This is more impressive:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I must have missed it during the race today. :D

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    No shit. Being happy that someone gets torpedoed and potentially hurt is pretty fucking douchey...

masshole and BHP41 like this.
  11. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

It's hard to call it "expert on novice crime" when the guy you pulled it on did it to you first ;)

13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

great race. happy for rossi, but i have to say, tough weekend to watch. hard to celebrate too much with what happened on friday

14. BHP41

How many times has Marc saved a front end crash?? There needs to be recording of it. The guy is just freakishly good. Crashed at turn 14 and still fought with Rossi. :bow:

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

LOL. I'm keeping that one.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Stay classy, Uccios.

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I though Rossi switched to BS for 2008 and completed 2007 with Michelin. Lorenzo i think used Michelin for 2008 and Pedrosa switched to BS at Indy....Hayden got a podium sticking with Michelin that round!!

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Motorsport is reporting that Iannone gets to start at the back in Assen.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My bad, you are correct. He stated in late 2007 after the season was over that he was switching in 2008, it was indeed Pedrobot that switched mid-season that next year as well.

Nevertheless, he switched to the Stones and immediately won the title that same year after coming up short in 2006/7.

20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think 06 was a fluke season for Rossi. He hardly ever had bike/ issues over his career and that season he had a tire fail, 2 mechanical fails (I think) and a crash caused by another rider. I am fairly confident Rossi could have covered those 5 points he need to beat Hayden had those issues never happened. They did happen, and Hayden took those points opportunities to the bank.

2007 was a new bike (800cc) and Ducati got it right that season...beast of a bike and they signed Stoner. Yamaha IMO improved and became pretty competitive for the second half of 2007.