1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auburn/Alabama

Discussion in 'General' started by TEAMLIKETYSPLIT, Nov 24, 2010.

1. six6two

six6two AWD

I agree, but the fact that he shopped at State, where his son was verbally committed, and then convinced Cam to go to Auburn creates a strong case for Auburn being the highest, or lone bidder. I think thats what all the fuss is about. Either way, shopping a player is illegal and makes that player ineligible. Even if Auburn didn't pay him, if they have a case that he DIDN'T go to State because they wouldn't pay(which there is definitely a good bit of evidence of), he's ineligible.

Either way, eventually Cam will be declared ineligible. It doesn't take away from anything he or his team do on the field this year, or even affect his draft stock probably, but the NCAA/SEC will do what they have to to discourage this sort of event from ever happening again.

2. six6two

six6two AWD

I think it's funny that the media is making a big deal out of that statement. No sh@t they don't have enough evidence yet, or he would have already been declared ineligible BY THE NCAA.

NCAA has been quite clear that they are being very thorough, and taking their time to get this all sorted out.

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The NCAA won't take his eligibility away regarding this now that they've said he and Auburn are good. Doesn't mean there may not be other penalties but the eligibility is already ruled on. They would get the shit sued out of them if they went back on his eligibility.

4. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Truth.

The fact that the NCAA has ruled him eligible now and that they don't have sufficient evidence works against them. If they ever try to come back and say he is ineligible, they look like idiots because of this ruling.

I'm not saying that if they go into Cecil's backyard and find a buttload of cash buried that they can't come back and declare Cam ineligible. But they don't have any evidence now and it's looking like they won't in the future.

5. six6two

six6two AWD

I disagree. Every athlete that sees the field is declared eligible. Reggie Bush was declared eligible by the NCAA. Derrik Rose was declared eligible by the NCAA, and so was every other athlete that has been stripped of his/her eligibility after the fact.

I don't see how they are wrong for declaring him eligible at a time where there is not enough evidence to declare him ineligible, but stripping him of eligibility if more evidence shows up down the road that he(or his representatives) violated NCAA's policy regarding eligibility. Sure they could be sued for anything, but they will not let this slide if it happened.

6. six6two

six6two AWD

How would they look like idiots for finding out more information, and applying punishments accordingly?

Again please explain your insight as to what leads they do or do not have. I'm on the edge of my seat...

7. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Re-read my post. If they find MORE evidence, then they could say he is ineligible. But if they come back later and state he was ineligible w/out more evidence, they look like idiots for this ruling.

Regardless, none of us can predict the future. We can only state what we THINK will happen. Either way, I'm done discussing it as we can only wait and see as time goes on.

8. six6two

six6two AWD

Agreed.

9. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Finally! :D We all CAN get along! :p :up:

10. six6two

six6two AWD

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! :D

Don't worry, I'm not going to get my panties in a wad about an internet argument over a college athlete's eligibility:up:

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Not true. The University declares the students eligible based on rules set forth by the NCAA. The NCAA only rules when there are questions regarding those rules such as in Cam's situation. There's no way the NCAA could evaluate each student athlete. Hell they would have trouble just evaluating football players I can only imagine the staff it would take to look at all of the other sports.

We'll see what else they turn up. They could nail his ass to wall if something new and big comes up.

12. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

From history shopping a player makes him ineligible to play for the soliciting team not other teams.

13. MINDOVERMATTER

I am by no means arguing. Im just saying that what they have now is not enough to do anything to Newton. Down the road maybe different. We will just have to wait and see.

14. MINDOVERMATTER

One thing is for certain if Auburn doesn't get Pat Dye and the cronies he works for away from Auburn, Cam Newton news will be small compared to what happens to Auburn. That is basically why the feds are there. There is some crooked stuff going on with the folks Dye works for and it is being looked at closely.

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I agree. They don't appear to have learned their lesson considering the trouble Dye got them into.

16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Anyone heard much about Garcia's arm still being in a sling from the Clemson game?

Just a bit over 48 hours to go til gametime.

WAR EAGLE!!

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That smells like Spurrier head games. :D

18. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

I've had some personal experience with Pat Dye. He is without a doubt 1. A major asshole 2. A shady individual

I think Chiz has way more class and will do the school good. Like you said,maybe the picture will be clearer to them now and they will 86 his ass away from the athletics

19. MINDOVERMATTER

Oh he is just the moron behind the big time crooks. He has yet to learn a lesson.

20. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Heard he had quite the interview with Paul Finebaum here recently. I haven't heard it yet though.