1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auburn/Alabama

Discussion in 'General' started by TEAMLIKETYSPLIT, Nov 24, 2010.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Gotta love the off season Stupendous Ego Conference arguments.

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What in the linked article makes that clear to you? It's still just allegations from the guys that brought it forward. That's exactly what is there. No proof unless you just want to believe the MSU guys.

Sorry, but I need something other than MSU Alum saying shit about a rival before I believe it completely.

If they do find adequate proof and rule Cam ineligible I will laugh my ass off but until then I give him the benefit of doubt.

Now if they would rule it out say tonight so Arkansas could play in the SEC Championship I would be good with that too. :D

3. six6two

six6two AWD

Actually the last post was from today.... (not sure how dates make that guy wrong anyways)

If Alabama went undefeated they would be in the championship, if Florida knew what to do with their talent they would be in the championship, if Ryan Mallet would be more consistent, if MSU got Newton, IF IF IF. It all means nothing.

4. six6two

six6two AWD

Sorry I can't show you the text messages, or have Cecil personally call any of you. If you don't think there was any violation, that says enough. There are plenty of credible sources out there leaking information, google is your friend, and so is ESPN. Like I said, it's only a matter of time.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That's interesting for sure.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I remember back in high school when Keith Jackson was getting recruited out of Little Rock. It had been narrowed down to Oklahoma or Univ of Arkansas. When the news station asked Keith which school it would be he said, "whichever one gives me the biggest car." :D

Just so you all know, he and I made the front page of the same newspaper. Me for my school and he for his. I'm sure I was on there for something not as good. :p

7. six6two

six6two AWD

Man I just wish they would make Mallet take an English course, followed by Public Speaking :crackup:

8. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

:crackup:

Either way South Carolina had better worry about being on the field and leave the CAMSCANDAL out of it. I bet since he was declared illegible today his mind will be focused more than it was last week which probably has Mr. Superior a little nervous :Pop:

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

He's a douchenozzle anyway. I give him 3 years in the NFL before he becomes the next Ryan Leaf.

Most in Fayetteville says he's an asshole.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

He's declared eligible so he's good to go. :up:

11. MINDOVERMATTER

No arguing about the conference. It is the best in the NCAA :D

12. six6two

six6two AWD

I'll go ahead and say that the SEC West(minus the black bears) should be the top 5 teams in the country. :D :Pop:

13. It's on and official.

"Cam Newton is eligible for the Tiger's upcoming appearance in the SEC CHampionship game AND BEYOND." Per NCAA .

"The ruling is that the NCAA determined that a solicitation alone is not a violation that rises to the level that affects an athlete's eligibility." Basically, you can't arrest a bank robber for robbing a bank unless that you declare that bank robbing is illegal.

The NCAA said that the reinstament process is "likely to conclude prior to the close of an investigation" which leaves one to consider the case is close to being permanently closed, but for now is still open "if additional revelations of Cam Newton's actions surface. Cam was judged to be unaware of his father's efforts to sell his commitment, which the NCAA considers the important part of the equation". Newton would have been declared permanently ineligible had the NCAA found evidence that money changed hands.
    In lieu of that information, though, the NCAA clearly sided with the player.

"In determing how a violation impacts a student-athlete's eligibility, we must consider the young person's responsibility", said Kevin Lennon, a VP with the NCAA. "Based on the information available to the reinstatment staff at this time, we did not have sufficient evidence that Cam Newton or anyone from Auburn was aware of this activity."

Cecil Newton is another matter. The NCAA has asked Auburn to limit the access afforded Cecil Newton to the school's athletic department. Also, Kenny Roger's has been disassociated from Mississippi State's athletic department.

And so it ends. Funny how so many on the board KNEW he and Auburn were gonna burn and refused to stop, look and listen for the complete factual story. Does the crow taste good guys ? And don't come back with "its not over and only the beginning of a long process" stuff. You're grasping at straws and and just flat wrong. It's over.

Certainly, the NCAA could come up with evidence down the road that Miss St or Auburn reps paid Cecil for his son's services. But, there's no evidence of that now---or any belief by NCAA offifcials that they'll find any credible evidence in the future.

"To believe otherwise would indicate a lack of understanding of the NCAA enforcement process and the structure of the the Enforcement division
    The Division of Agents, Amateurism and Gambling which investigated the the facts of the Newton/MSU case is a part of the the NCAA's enforcement department.
    That's why this notion that the are credible allegations actively being investigated by the NCAA is highly unlikely.Why would the Enforcemnt Department risk the embarrassment by clearing Newton too early ? What's the purpose? Ther's no logical reason for it. Past NCAA caes suggest that the Enforcement Dept's usual tactic is to go the other way."
    This book is closed.

14. MINDOVERMATTER

Good post. There should be a law in effect that actually goes after the parties asking for money or trying to represent a player

15. six6two

six6two AWD

Google SEC Bylaw 14.01.3.2

The NCAA has been clear that they will not comment on the situation until it is over, and that they will take their time with this. I would wait to say that the book is closed until an actual press release is sent out that says the book is closed.

Cam will be declared ineligible, be it by the NCAA or the SEC. It's only a matter of time.

That said, you eagletigers better dominate SC, and Oregon or I'm going to REALLY hate cam :D

16. six6two

six6two AWD

For the lazy beebers :D

SEC Bylaw 14.01.3.2
    14.01.3.2 Financial Aid.
    If at any time before or after matriculation in a member institution a student-athlete or any member of his/her family receives or agrees to receive, directly or indirectly, any aid or assistance beyond or in addition to that permitted by the Bylaws of this Conference (except such aid or assistance as such student-athlete may receive from those persons on whom the student is naturally or legally dependent for support), such student-athlete shall be ineligible for competition in any intercollegiate sport within the Conference for the remainder of his/her college career.

17. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

The problem is, they have to see if there was any exchange of funds - which they have yet to find proof of. Yes, Cam's dad admitted that he "shopped" his son around to Miss St.

But just because you're browsing around the store, it doesn't mean you're going to buy something. There's no proof of anything right now, and probably will never be.

Miss St did not "agree" to pay them anything. If they did, they will surely not admit it and face discipline.

18. six6two

six6two AWD

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were part of the hush hush investigation, and had any idea of what evidence does or does not exist. I bet you could get a nice check from ESPN to spill the beans!

The investigation is ongoing. There is no proof available to the public right now, other than those running their mouths to the media.

I also would like to on what basis you claim that there probably will never be any proof. The fact that the FBI got involved alone should tell you there is at least SOME proof. Truth is, the public has no idea what is going on, but there is definitely something going on, and it will be brought to light eventually.

Remember, the public didn't have a clue about reggie bush's situation until a law suit was brought up against him.... THEN it was public.

And for the browsing comment... it's funny that cam was verbally committed to play for Dan Mullen, then his dad asked for money, and all of a sudden he's at Auburn.

But I'm really interested in how you know what proof is or isn't discovered, please enlighten me!

19. MINDOVERMATTER

True and if the father shopped at Mississippi state it has little bearing on Auburn. Means from Alabama found this out. He couldn't play for Alabama but was declared eligible to play anywhere else.

20. MINDOVERMATTER

Focus on this statement from NCAA official Kevin Lennon: "Based on the information available to the reinstatement staff at this time, we do not have sufficient evidence that Cam Newton or anyone from Auburn was aware of this activity."

Don't think the NCAA didn't look for that evidence. Hard.
    Some analysts have seized on the phrase "at this time" to suggest that the NCAA's investigation is still full steam ahead.The NCAA's statement bolstered that notion when it said, "Reinstatement decisions are independent of the NCAA enforcement process and typically are made once the facts of the student-athlete's involvement are determined. The reinstatement process is likely to conclude prior to the close of an investigation."
    But there's a key point the statement doesn't make. Auburn has not received an official letter of inquiry in this matter. That means it hasn't crossed the line from eligibility issue to infractions case.

It's always possible that new information can come to light, but consider the expert opinion of Montgomery attorney Donald Jackson, a frequent opponent of the NCAA in eligibility cases."If there was a big fire here, this ruling wouldn't have happened," Jackson said.