1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by anupe, Aug 29, 2011.

1. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

From what the site says it looks like they have 70% of the track paved.

So, when do they plan on opening the track for use and is Sean P. Clarke evaluating the possibility of adding this venue to the 2012 scheduled???

Who's got the skinny???

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Yeah, they were ready in like February right...

And Bluegrass has a fully paved course that was ready two years ago.

And Nola was ready 6 months ago (and is just now running pavers).

I wont hold my breath.

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

why not? seems like theres alot of people holding theirs? :D

4. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Joe, what do you mean "ready?" Unpaved doesn't sound ready. And you forgot Liberty Bell in PA unless you were just sticking to south of the Mason-Dixon.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

i think joe was pointing out all the tracks surrounded by a lot of hype that were supposed to be ready a long time ago and are either still far from done or were abandoned completely.

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Exactly. All of those tracks were supposed to be ready to be ridden on by now.

None of them are. And I dont expect to see wheels turned in anger on any of them this year. And probably not until deep into next year if at all. Just personal opinion.

Like I said, hell Bluegrass has a race track there. It "could" be ridden from what I hear. It wont though. Not anytime soon. Nola JUST started paving like today or something like that, but was supposed to have already had their first event. Same thing with AMP.

7. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Never heard of that one. I only know the ones I mentioned because they are all ones I could/would ride if they ever freaking get finished. Tehy are all within a days drive of me. :down:

8. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I was just actually looking at this stuff at work today. Watched the Austin track as well. They've got a lot of work to do there.

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

The Austin track has some serious obligations with major world-wide racing organizations.

The promise of money coming in leads me to believe that the track will be much more likely to be on schedule, or close behind.

F1 has committed to racing there. That's a high-dollar draw, and one that they can't afford to screw up.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Nola has one whole layer down on the big track already in two days. They are putting two more layers then sealer.

11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

stt has all there amp track days sold out...... FOR THIS YEAR LOL

12. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

You would think with the black eye they got from doing that shit with Bluegrass, they would have learned their lesson right? :crackhead:

13. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

They layed more than 2 miles of asphalt in 2 days??? Hmmm

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:stupid: guess the new management/owners didn't learn from the mistakes of the previous management/owners.:rolleyes:

15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

NOPEY

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still have a gut feeling the horse peeps out in Dawsonville will win this....

I'm also sure NOLA and Austin will be done.

17. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

Where is NOLA?

18. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Louisiana I do believe.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

New Orleans LousianA.....

Due south of the city.

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Isn't there water due south of the city?