1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Tech Discussion

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Monsterdood, May 2, 2022.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

i
    No. it's the same Marrelli ecu. they call it "race" because you buy it flashed.

Gino230 and Badger911GT3 like this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Giving the people what they want.

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

You don’t pay taxes on a race bike silly boy. Unless you register it that is. Lol… if you buy it out of state, they don’t collect sales tax and you would pay the tax when you register it in your state. Sometimes it takes a while to register those race bikes though… HSBK didn’t charge me shipping or setup fee either when I got mine from them.

5. Gino230

When I went to get on the waiting list, and put down a deposit- it showed Dealer prep of $900, Shipping $900, and $1500 sales tax due at time of pickup. Some dealers were worse than others with additional fees. So I said screw it.

6. cse

cse Active Member

7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

You can buy a lot of clapped out SVs for that kind of money. :D

RRP likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You can also buy a 660 and convert it for pretty much the same. Or buy a race prepared one for cheaper

Shenanigans and cse like this.
  9. cse

cse Active Member

Agree. I got a great deal on a low mileage used '22 and I'm keeping a running total of my conversion costs.

noles19 likes this.
  10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

cse likes this.
  11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The RS660 crashes well. It's easy to tweak the forks but as a package the bike holds up.

12. Gino230

What is different other than the VIN maybe?

seems like it’s all parts that are readily available and the same as we would buy and bolt on- except it’s done by Italians instead.

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Bike hasn't been approved, matching parts or no it's not legal.

Gino230 likes this.
  14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

True but it's not on the list. Same as a Tuono 660. Add the IMU and switch out the front end and it's essentially the same but the VIN says Tuono 66 so it's a no go. Besides, the 21K for a Trofeo would get you surprisingly close to a full tilt Robem bike.

Gino230 likes this.
  15. cosan

cosan Well-Known Member

Anyone here tuned the bike for race fuel? If so, what was used to tune?
    Last I heard there was no good tuning methods but thing may have changed since then.
    Also, if anyone has info on a SS build, I love to know the details.
    Thanks

16. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I would think a RapidBike module would work. And I've talked to a couple shops with dynos that can just flash the ECU.

17. Chako

Chako Well-Known Member

any reason not to keep stock ecu and use dynojet pc 6 and 2x autotunes for per cylinder tuning?

18. cosan

cosan Well-Known Member

Not sure. I’ve heard of some issues with the rapid bike tuner but no experience first hand. Was hoping for some input from someone who has went either direction.

19. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

I used the race ECU and the Rapid Bike Race Pro because when I built mine in late 2021 that was all that was available. The race ECU has different rider aid algorithms and perhaps ignition curves, I'm told. The Rapid Bike is great but if the stock ECU has been hacked and can be flashed, it is unnecessary now. I tuned for VP U4.4 and it gained me 3hp. The map switch available from Rapid Bike is key for a club racer, like me, that runs mostly pump.

20. cosan

cosan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I havnt heard of anyone “hacking” the ECU. Is it possible now?