Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

2. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Lately, it feels like someone at Timex discovered that it still has a pulse.

This caught my eye today. I don't know that I'd buy this with my own money, but I like it.
    Waterbury Traditional Fly Back Chronograph 43mm Leather Strap Watch - TW2W47900 | Timex US

If this one were an automatic, I'd consider it.
    Waterbury Traditional GMT 39mm Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch - TW2W22700 | Timex US

While I'm here, may as well share this too. Been watching this company for a while. Would love this watch on a different strap.
    A perfectly useless afternoon: mechanical | Kristof Devos X Mr Jones Watches | Swiss movement swimming pool watch

RichB likes this.
  3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I feel old.

Never dreamed I'd see Timex watches that cost that much.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s exactly what I thought.

tony 340 likes this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Got my first Ironman at Kmart with mom, had lunch, and got new sneakers for less than that...all at the same time.

6. Critter

Critter Registered

Not yet they sent it back to Japan

vfrket likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

It can happen. I had a Seiko Diver I took...wait for it...Diving. I noticed moisture in case on day 2 and went ohh crap, and the first thing i did was check the crown and it was screwed down. I was in the Keys with no way to open it so it sat. I had bought it new about 6-8 months earlier from an AD, but online not a local AD. I wen to a local AD and told them what happened, then sent it in and after a few weeks said it would be covered under warranty. I dont know exactly what was wrong but i assumed a seal somewhere failed, installed wrong...whatever. The watch came back a few months later and still works great...years later.

Automatic watches are mechanical and have a lot of parts. It only takes one to eff it up.

Jedb likes this.
  8. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Honestly I think Timex could become a Hamilton level brand with old school style and be pretty cool. I'd pay a grand for a cool automatic Timex that punched above its weight class in the value department.

Just checked out their site and this is actually pretty cool but the bracelet sucks. Would be a cool knock around watch assuming it feels like decent quality in person.

Timex

Gecko and JBraun like this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

kudos to Timex for upping their game.

10. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

I feel the same way. Timex has lots of potential. An American Tissot? But, you're right about the bracelets. A lot of them simply look terrible. If they continue to evolve, it should be fun to watch. (no pun intended)

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Checked out a big pilot 43 today and it left me. . . Disappointed. :(

I was expecting a smaller big pilot at a cheaper price and I saw a larger mark XX at a shit price.

First time IWC left me kind of disappointed.

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Been looking for this color for a while. Finally found it in Vegas, had to buy it even if it wasn't fiscally responsible right now.

Attached Files:

13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

14. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

15. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Have you guys read the story about Sly and Panerai? Thats a pretty crazy saga...