1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn, I have not been paying attention at all. I had in my mind they’d top out in the 7 range.

how much for a metal bezel no hole sub? :D

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

10-12K i think.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Want to buy mine for that? Add $2K and something interesting and I’ll throw in an IWC portofino chrono. :D

4. ChemGuy

Thanks but Im all tied up in this airplane for a minute.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Really, at those prices I’m thinking I might sell. Lol

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

$3.50 CAD
    Final offer

Phl218 likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’ll double check later but I think it’s a 16610.

9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Picture posting here is always a bitch

Dave, if you ever offload that sub let me know, I'd like one for my old man before he turns 80

Gecko, ChemGuy and Jedb like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tony, it wouldn’t be cheap. Even with the bbser discount it’d sting a bit. :-(

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’m going to sell it. Went to wear it today (after you all reminded me I even had it) and had to ask Sam where it even was. Also going to sell the portofino chrono.
    I’ll keep the 007 and the omega.

The IWC has been worn maybe 10 times in 10 years. The sub in worn, needs a deep cleaning and the back has never been cracked (never serviced, polished once and I cringed because I didn’t ask for it).

cleaning house, I still have my other Rolex.

12. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

13. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That made the Watches of Switzerland stock crash today.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was talking to a buddy this morning and he decided to finally pull the trigger on a certain cult brand (not naming them ‘cause I don’t need to be sued) a week or two back.

they told him it’ll be from 2 to 3 years before they can make it for him. Okay, whatever.
    Then they hit him with the application and that he had to submit an essay with why he deserves one and how he’d “present” their brand. I have no doubt this is true.

When the fuck that shit start?!?!

Edit: I know that crap has been going on for years in cars but freakin’ watches?

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

For some brands....if it protects the value, the resale, and the name.....I may be a fan.

18. ChemGuy

Sounds like PP or RM. One is meh and the other is only for lambo driving, affliction shirt wearing, crypto D bags.

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I work with a dude that bought an AP and he had to go through a similar process... just crazy to think you have to be interviewed and accepted to be allowed to give them $40,000.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fuck that. I ain't doing high school homework to buy an expensive watch - especially since you know they'll give them to morons who are famous for doing nothing.

Boman Forklift, RichB, Phl218 and 2 others like this.