Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would put dads watch back on the stainless instead of the nato for dress up occasions.

2. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I honestly think a solid color nato would be better with a suit than an ss.

And if I had a red sub with history I'd probably wear it with everything alla James Bond and your pops :beer:

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I've read a bazillion of your posts on here, and I don't think I've ever agreed with anything you've ever said more completely.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You seriously believe that? Wow, interesting how people perceive things differently.

I truly think a decent stainless band looks as dressy as any leather. Nato no way. I know I'd get a pass from the rolex geeks but if I want dressy looking I'd actually go with my Hamilton over dads, it's just too small on my wrist.

Hawk518 likes this.
  5. peakpowersports

Not saying I'd do it, just picking one of two evils lol

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I do have it on a classy little black nato :D

7. peakpowersports

And it looks good. Even on your saquatch like arms. I hope you have a good receiver picked out for decades down the line to keep that watch and it's history going.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, it'll go to my niece most likely and then to her daughter or son depending on which one would do right by it.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That is one of the reasons I may someday pick up a watch that cost me more than $100, which is the most I've spent up to this point. It would be cool to give my kids/grandkids something to wear and even hand down. Although I'm quite certain, Tyler will be rocking some expensive watches before me.

I would actually feel better giving him a Rolex for graduation, as he starts his finance career, vs. me wearing one around, when my phone works just fine. A cheap Skagen is good enough for me....or maybe I will upgrade to that 007.

That Explorer II does look good. I think that is the watch we saw in Duty Free when we went to Europe 2 years ago...I was digging it. Having said that, the Omega (I think) watch on the last page that was over-nighted from South Coast Plaza to Arizona looked great too. I have no idea what you watch geeks think is better, but that watch looked cool with the blue hands.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Presumably if your son is in college, he was born in the early to mid 90s? Here's what I would do, find a stainless sub date manufactured in his birth year. Date models are less desirable, thus less expensive than no dates, and a date on an everyday watch is a must anyway.

Much less money than new, and its vintage still has some meaning. He'll be able to wear that watch until his son graduates from college, and give it to him.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:offtopic:
    I like watches (as much of a normal person does) but this is 275 pages of men discussing jewelry. Damn.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

If it helps it's the only jewelry I wear other than my wedding ring.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thank you, that's a good idea, will have to research those. Born in 96.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, watches are not jewelry anymore than a male european carry all is a f@ckin' purse! :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It makes sooooo much sense that you're into both. :D

16. peakpowersports

17. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had issues with Jomashop? I ordered an item on 12/19, UPS lost it, UPS issued a claim to Jomashop, and I when I call them to see if I'm getting a refund or new shipment they tell me I still have to wait (with a dickish attitude). Can I just dispute the charges with my cc company to circumvent this?

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

never had an issue.

one of the ceramic links on the wife's dior VIII broke though, let's see how they handle warranties...

19. peakpowersports

Never had any issues here. Did they say how long you will have to wait?

Politely tell them to refund the purchase price of the item or to send a replacement item today. If they balk at that, let them know that you would really rather not have to go the route of disputing the charge as you want your merchandise and you understand that it is not their fault. This should get them some action because the customer service rep wont want to deal with that headach of typing emails back and forth between you and the cc company. If it does not, ask to speak to someone in charge.

Boman Forklift and MotoGP69 like this.
  20. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

I recently picked up a few tags and a nice little IWC over last few months. I want to complete the tag collection with the Steve McQueen Monaco. Would upload pics, but it keeps telling that my files are too large :(.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]