Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

2015 Rolex Pricing

MSRP pricing...

Attached Files:

2. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Time change day again. Dig those watches out and start resetting :up:

3. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I get it if you're just taking off your existing band but not the whole from the factory that way crap.

Interesting watch, I'm not sure if I like it or not.

5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Throw back ranchero dial is sweet. Needs a stainless bracelet and I'd be sold. That Nato isn't working IMO.. would look better in olive or khaki.

6. codzilla

codzilla Well-Known Member

The Bond model comes with the brushed stainless band as well as the nato. In a pretty big box too.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The box was pretty impressive. Nice, wood, looks like it has a loupe in it.

Not so sure about the "0" on the bezel, but the rest of it looks quite nice. The "no-date" is very nice.

[​IMG]

8. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

How much does it hurt the value not to have the box or paperwork?

9. Jedb

Depends on the watch brand.
    If you have them, keep them. I just put the boxes/papers for all the fancy ones I have in a closet, just so I have everything.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Depends on the watch. Most are worth more with the box and paperwork.

Some watch nerds won't touch it without.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It actually looks really cool, but the faux vintage markers (assuming that's what they're going for) and the fact that it's named after a movie (especially a Bond movie) make it pretty lame.

Bond=Rolex. Too late to change that. This is like Rolex making a moon watch.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bond has been wearing Omega for awhile now and each is promoting the f@ck outta the other.

Bond Omegas sell like mad to the Chinese.

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the fact that I don't have F*ckYou money, but, I would have problem spending over $5K for a watch with a nylon strap. To me, it look like a set of Pep Boys aluminum slots on a Rolls Royce.
    Can someone school me on the stigma behind the nylon strap?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Short answer on Natos is they are cool right now. It'll pass.

It's also a cheap way to resurrect a vintage Rolex, Omega or whatever on the cheap. The companies saw this and started offer new with Natos and people are buying them.

If I had a old no date with a jacked up bracelet I might go that way if for no other reason to keep the old band from getting more messed up.

15. Jedb

Part of it is also function.

If you have a steel bracelet, and one of the springbars that holds the bracelet on breaks, you lose the watch. It falls off, or sinks.

If you have a NATO strap, and you lose one of the springbars, because of how they are threaded, you now have a dangling watch. Awkward, but you still have the watch.

[​IMG]

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

No shit? I guess I don't pay enough attention to fictional spies and their endorsements. :D

17. Jedb

Omega started with Brosnan, I believe.

[​IMG]

18. codzilla

codzilla Well-Known Member

The wife and I went to a pre-showing of the movie on Tuesday in Newport Beach. Judging by the cars in the parking lot a lot of people make some pretty big purchases based on the movies.

I did like some of the features of the bond Seamaster but there was an Bond Aquaracer at the Omega cocktail party last week that I liked much more. I'll stick with my plane Jane Seamaster for now.

19. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Reason I ask is I have moved a few time since buying my Seamaster and have come to conclusion that its been tossed. I'll never sell it I was just wondering.

20. Jedb

The only suggestion I would make, is if you get it serviced by an authorized Omega dealer, keep the receipts and documentation. That validates it as "real."