Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's a nice watch. :up: I think I have a victorinox (or maybe it's a swiss army) that I had laying around for years. It was on some shitty solid link bracelet so I tossed it in a corner. Finally got around to throwing it on the cheapest band and it went from forgotten to my go to when I need a watch but can't care about it.

I'm thinking about throwing it on a Hodinkee band or a better Nato and will when I get around to it.

What are you looking for and in what $ range?

2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Thanks, he picked it out!

What do I want?
    http://forums.13x.com/showpost.php?p=4642728&postcount=3521
    :D

We've exchanged a few PMs too.
    :up:

My boy broke his right arm down by the wrist (both radius and ulna) mid-September so I am waiting for the onslaught of the medical bills before I do anything. (I'd bought the Victronix in July and hid it till this weekend.) So nothing may happen till next year for me. I likely need to start looking at quartz or winders instead of automatics.

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Dave and I are at odds with this, but he's wrong. :D

For an affordable Calatrava imposter that's actually a great watch, you can't beat Frederique Constant. I just picked one up and besides a pretty average strap (expected at that price) it's fantastic. It's just an ETA 2824, but FC modifies it to make up for some shortcomings. Great watch for the money.
    [​IMG]

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Very nice. Look forward to hearing what you think of it over time.

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

How much, and from where?

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, now I remember. I imagine I suggested a Tag Carrera?

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I bought mine from my local Rolex AD, and paid ~$700, but it's on Joma for $495.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'll buy two Seikos, a FC, and a bottle of Lagavulin for the same money, and all four will outlast the Tag. :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd buy two seikos, a bottle of Lagavulin (but since I don't drink browns or clears it'd sit around), the Tag and maybe a Hamilton and laugh at your FC. :D

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I think "ton" would be interested in your Intra-Matic...

Mark, to the White Courtesy Telephone, please

12. ton

ton Arf!

Have one (but you knew that, ya weirdo). Someday i hope to replace it with a Nomos, but for now i'm really happy with it.

Also, i'll have that bottle of Lagavulin while you laugh, Dave

13. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Will look - you mentioned it before :)

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

15. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

Anyone interested on a mint V serial DSSD-with complete box? $8500

I'm debating on either selling it or trading it for an Exp2 black dial-just can't make up my mind...

Attached Files:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Deep Sea? Put it on Chrono24 at that price (with papers) and it'll go in weeks. :)

I'd tell you to keep it and grab whatever you want.

17. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

Yes sir, I'm not 110% sure yet if I want to go that route..

My guy that I buy my watches from is actually gonna fly into NYC this Halloween weekend and he's bringing the Exp2 (bnib) with him-so I'll decide by then hopefully

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Explorer II for a deep sea? Better come with a bunch of $$$.

That's even if you got the DS via gray market and the EPII is full new AD.

Tell him to bring you a "batman" GMT or even a black one also to peep at. ;)

19. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

well with me trading in my DSSD for the Exp2-I'm actually getting a good amount of $$ back..

I originally wanted a Batman gmt-but he's got a short wait list on it and I already had a gmt, and with the new 42mm exp2-I figure I'd give that a shot for a year or so and see how I feel then..maybe I'll stop being cheap, sell my left nut and pony up for an AP

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I want it but I can't afford it :(