1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

:crackup:

On the other hand, if your assailant is not a watch connoisseur, you may get shanked for a $100 seiko. That would suck.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My theory behind a don't stab me watch is one that you'll hand over without a fight. Shit, some badnick robs me he's going to have to stab me to NOT force him to take that watch. :D

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I like the look of those Bertucci's but my thought is since Seiko makes a very similar watch I'll stick with them.

I lost my trusty Seiko in the ocean last year; replaced it with this for $125. My only complaint is what Dave said...I wish it had a little larger body. I didn't even pay attention to the body size when I bought it.

[​IMG]

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Just ordered one of these for my service manager. He's worn a beat up seiko forever, and has always expressed an interest in my watches. It's time for him to have something decent.

[​IMG]

Honestly, he's getting the shaft, because he's earned a Rolex. The guy is a star, unfortunately it's been a Hamilton kind of year on paper...

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's a very nice gift.

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

+1

It's rare to see employers recognize key employees these days.

Kudos to you.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid: Good on ya for even thinking of doing something like that.

So oddly enough I haven't been wearing a watch the last two weeks. Got tired of the aut Hamilton running out of juice over the weekends when I didn't wear and grabbed my Citizen solar thingy - battery is finally toast in it. Can't figure out what to wear next and keep forgetting to grab one out of the case just to have something on. First world problems :D

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

If that's true, it's a shame.

My company's biggest asset: Skilled and driven people.

My company's biggest challenge: Finding more skilled and driven people.

As much as I want to believe it's about me, it's not. I can't do squat by myself.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I got tired of that too, so I bought a watch winder.

Now I have a watch winder I don't use sitting next to watches I don't wear. :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm too cheap, too stubborn and too stupid to buy a watch winder. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I have two watch winders....

Maybe I'll do that, plug one in where I take the watch off when I get home.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't you have a kid? Just strap all the watches to it and let it play for a few minutes. Done.

I like that a lot. I want something similar to go with my solar divers.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

14. Jedb

Yes, Chris.

The Tudor "Tiger" Chronograph was named "Tiger" because of their sponsorship of Tiger Woods at the time. There were multiple variations of the Chronograph that came out.

Dials were White, Black, Red, Yellow and Blue and Green.
    Bands were either Leather, or Submariner Oyster Bracelets. I'm thinking that there may have also been a jubilee bracelet, but I could be mistaken.
    Some of the leather bands matched the colour of the dials.
    There were multiple Bezels too.
    Stainless, and Black.
    The Tachymeter and the Big Numbers.
    To my knowledge, there was no GMT bezel.

Each combination (Red Dial, Black Bezel w/Tach, Oyster Bracelet) had its own number.

The 79280, shown in the article you reference has the Tach bezel in Stainelss.

Mine is the 79270 due to the White Face with Black Bezel with Big Numbers and Black Leather band. Mine also has a Tudor Crown, where the one in the article shows a Rolex Crown.

You had a good eye on that Breitling. I'm normally not a Breitling fan as I find them overly complicated for my needs and dial print that's way too small for my eyes. That one you were wearing is a very nice one.

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So I just order the quartz A-2T with the sapphire crystal and the 10 yr battery. Ordering from The Watch Company let me use their 10% off code "Welcome10" to save a few bucks. I decided I like the protected crown at 4 o'clock, the protected the crystal, the date, and the NATO strap might be interesting. So this is less about the movement and more about the functional design of the watch. I ordered an extra leather strap to change it up on occasion too. I also liked how Bertucci gives all the technical stats on their web page such as the quartz watch is 1.9oz with a nylon band and the automatic is 2.58oz.

Anyways, I appreciate the tip to check out the Hamilton Khaki's. I really like those and put this one on my short list for an automatic: Hamilton Khaki King Series Mens Watch H64455533

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's a nice looking classic watch Monster.

I also like that website.

See, you bastards talking about watches have me eyeballing a few.

I really like this Seiko http://www.watchco.com/seiko-watches/ssc233.html

I've got a thing for Seiko's

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The Hamilton I ordered for my service mgr came in today. I have to say it again: Hamilton's quality is remarkable for the money. Way more watch than you would expect.

18. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Reading about the Tudors it seems they're not sold in the US anymore. Shame because that looks awesome and probably isn't the $6k that Breitling is.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, Tudor just came back to the US and are sold here.

20. Jedb

Chris,

They are again selling in the US. The new Tudor line was relaunched in late 2014.

http://www.tudorwatch.com/#/en/
    You have BenBridge, Alvin Goldfarb in Seattle, and Westfield Southcenter in Tukwila.

This is for Tudor in general on Jomashop. Filter as you want. The heritage Chrono is a nice one too.
    http://search.jomashop.com/search#w=tudor&asug=

Edit:
    Here's another site. This has more legacy Tudors than Jomashop. http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/search/tudor

You can also get one of the Tiger (and other Tudors) on Jomashop and some of the others. The Tiger versions are less than the non-Tiger (earlier) versions. The modern interpretation of the Chrono is the "Fastrider" which is a co-branded one with Ducati. I'm not a fan of that particular one. Mainly the date at the 4 detracts from the overall for me.

If you are in PDX at some point, drop me a line and you can see how it looks in person and feels on the wrist.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015