Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

you can get a lot of cool stuff for 5k and 1500 respectively.

2. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Yeah, too many damn options is my problem. The online purchasing has me really leery as well.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$5K gives you a lot of options. Shit, $1K ~ $1500 is a nice level as well.

I'd look at pre owned Rolex Explorer IIs and maybe a few subs. GMTs have gone way up in price lately but you might be able to find a clean pre owned one in that range.

That gives you a watch that you can hand down. :)

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

there are a few pams in that price also.

5. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

GMT's turn the crank some, any ideas where to look at pre-owned?

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

papers.
    service history.
    reputation of seller.
    nicks and scratches, dents

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chrono24 is a nice place to looks around. Ebay but only deal with legit stores with 100% good.

Bob's pre-owned rolexs is okay, nice place to watch prices. http://www.bobswatches.com/
    Never bought from them though.

8. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

I saw bobswatches pop up in my google search. Talk about not sounding legit. Think they could have found a better name?

9. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

So, I like it but I don't love it. Breitling Superocean Abyss, 42mm, black. Stainless bracelet, Breitling rubber strap, 5 NATO straps, box, Breitling hat, box for that. 98% condition. $2200?

10. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

That's a good price for that breitling. I have a 44mm Super Ocean with bracelet. No extra straps. I paid $3600 with tax after some serious haggling and discounting.

11. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

If you are interested in a moon watch, let me know.

t

12. HenryZX6R

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty fair price, so I picked it up. Just not in love with it so if someone else wants it, go for it.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice watch at a great price but not what I'm looking for. What color is the inner ring? I'll ask around to see if I know anyone looking for something like that. :)

14. HenryZX6R

All black. None of that funky color mixing for me. It's on my wrist on a sky blue NATO dealie right now

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  15. jcclx1

jcclx1 Well-Known Member

rolexforums.com classifieds

Everything from NIB, LNIB and used.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That was my other forum besides the BBS for awhile. I still lurk there once in awhile.

I quit posting after a thread titled along the lines of "what do you do while wearing your Rolex" and people were debating whether to wear your rolex while mowing the lawn and crap like that for fear of damaging it.

One of the best watch forums out there but started to get too up tight and snooty.

17. jcclx1

jcclx1 Well-Known Member

Could not agree more. "Can I wear my Rolex if it's raining or in the shower" Not as good as it was, but still has good deals especially if you want a new watch, paying cash and don't want to get raped by an AD.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's nice.

19. HenryZX6R

And for sale! :) I just feel it's a little small on me. If it doesn't move, no big deal. But would prefer to bump to the 44/46

20. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

So what kind of research can or should I be doing if I am looking at pre-owned?