1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerBlade, Feb 26, 2011.

1. BBC

BBC Well-Known Member

If Bubba & Reed don't start focusing on the racing instead of messing with each other Villopoto will win the series by default. Villopoto is in good shape but both Reed & Stewart are better riders, IMO.

The rivalry is good for the series. Like the Herin Eslick rivalry is good for the AMA Sportbike series. Does that make Villopoto Cardenas? I can't wait to hear what Bubba has to say on Wind Tunnel tomorrow night.

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i'll be a week late to daytona, wish they would have had the 200 on the same weekend

3. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Great race. Does anyone else picture a ballerina tootoo every time Reed mentions the name of his race team using his Australian accent?

4. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

yea thanks, I will now....

:D

5. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

It was awesome, both lites and 450's! I was at the section with the consecutive step-on step-off's. When Chad and James went down the crowd was yelling so loud I thought my ear drums were gonna bust!

Great race for my first supercross race.

6. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

This season is turning out great. I didn't watch last season, but I'm glad I'm watching this one. It got pretty dirty at the end, but I was happy with the outcome. That's what they get..

7. ajk4

ajk4 Well-Known Member

If you can't win just crash into the guy who's in front, maybe you'll get lucky...

8. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

You mean like Nasc........oooh, errrr, not gonna go there...LOL!!
    Cheers, Lee S.

9. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

I can't say I 'liked' the pass but Stewart had a choice to try going over the top or run it underneath. He knew he was there and knew Reed would pull a pass like that. He had the lead and can only blame himself for being in that position at the end of the race. I guess that's what he gets for trying to play nice against Reed. Reed isn't one of those guys you pass nicely. You stuff his ass and run off before he can catch back up.

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I like Reed but that pass bummed me out. Stewart could have let out I guess, I dont know. Great racing for sure. I think Reed was just reacting to being sandwiched the lap before. I love seeing Bubba on the verge of tears though with his Dad yelling at him. Watching one episode of Bubba World made me not feel bad for anything that happens to him on the track.

11. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Guys this is supercross....not ballroom dancing. It is the last lap...you do what you have to do. Chad thought he could have knocked Bubba down and won....I would have done the same thing. Also, if you watch the replay...Stewart kind of lost his balance coming out of that turn when he saw Chad....maybe he was trying to steer around him.

Bubba bumped Chad twice before that. Once when he stuffed Chad into Regal and one other time they bumped wheels...no biggie.

My point is......Supercross is a contact sport....and I lOVE IT!!

12. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I have watched the replay a few times and James did not touch him near Reagal. Reagal was as far out of the way as he could get when Reed smashed into him.

In this race I did not see Jame do anything to Reed that was nasty. I have seen it in the past these two have always race each other tough and stupid they don't like each other.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Herrin and Eslick, don't do that on the asphalt. Anymore......

14. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

That was classic supercross from two guys who want to WIN. I've been wanting to see that kind of mindset from the 450 class guys since Carmichael, because since him everyone just rides around in second behind James. Finally, someone believed he could beat Stewart. It resembled a 250F race.

15. IBdesmo

IBdesmo Active Member

Reed should quit being a block passing little bitch and just square off on Bubba. If he's gonna ride like that stop beating around the bush and take him out Ricky Johnson style!!! I dont wanna here no crying neither' when Bubba punts him into the Tough blocks at Daytona.

16. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

+1

I don't think Reed anticipated such a dramatic outcome...but he looked (and sounded) contrite during his podium interview. I wouldn't surprise me a bit if Stewart punted Reed in to the stands in the near future.

17. rolandk

rolandk Warm-up lap winner

They can take each other out all season, GO VILLOPOTO!!!

18. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

your high if you think reed is a better rider than villopoto....

as to what others are saying about bad pass etc...

bubba is known for that kind of move. he pulled it on McGrath way back in the day. as d-wire said, supercross is a contact sport. this is an awesome season!

19. six6two

six6two AWD

What's funny was that no one that watched on TV saw the BS stewart pulled in the last few corners/straight of the race. Fastest man in the world? Hardly. Chad Reed owned stewart last night.

20. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

anyone have a link to video of this? Thanks.