1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA/MOTOAMERICA Entry Level Class, KTM Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by SCHMITTY91, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Aren't the spec bikes detuned a few horses from the street bikes in Europe ? Thought I remember that from Melisa's story. Are we getting the detuned ones also ?

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Any talk of combined bike and rider weight?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But the "detuned" race ready bike comes ready to go with the goodies.

Glad I don't have a garage, a pick up or trailer, choosing would be tough (but I think I'd go with the ready to go version).

4. Chip

Chip Registered

The spec series will be fairly limited in the number of events, especially at first.

These kids are going to need a place to race before they get into the spec series and a place to race in between spec series races.

I am also sure that a LOT of use old guys will want to race them too.

It would be a REALLY good idea if a club series started a SS and SBK class for the this bike......like really good.

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I don't know about the rest of y'all but, the 390...to me...is the coolest bike put out since the FZR400. I'm getting one no matter how I have to go about getting it (IE...lying to the ol lady). I'm a sucker for small bikes. And when I get it, I'm bringing it to race. I don't care if the cup bike kids come out and make me look like a frickin gooberhead (I've had my ass handed to me by 14 year old kids on Ninjettes).

Y'all have been put on notice.:cool:

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Give me the bag and I will prove you wrong. Ha

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

You already have one, it is call your wife's boobies. You know, those things you don't get to play with.:Poke:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'head, you need one. To help, I'll give you $800 for your FZR.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

D class

10. Chip

Chip Registered

I don't think a 390cc single....even in SBK trim... would be competitive against 650 (4 Valve Liquid cooled) twins or 800cc (air cooled 2 valve) twins.

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You missed a zero.;)

12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

The 250 Ninjas do ok in that class... not the fastest by far, but good enough. ;)

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm wrong. Pray tell, what U.S. world champion or even contender got his professional start in a series limited to age 22? Shwantz? Either Roberts? Lawson? Rainey? Hopkins? Edwards? Hayden?

Excuse me for believing the more competition the better.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  14. caferace

caferace No.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

sadly, this man is correct. Fml.

16. caferace

caferace No.

Dude. I've been schooled by an 11 year old girl on track. Granted, she went on to win a couple of AMA Pro races.

The sooner you accept you're a dinosaur, the sooner you relax. :D

Why do you think I just talk about this than do it anymore? :crackup:

-jim

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

There's no one on this planet more relaxed than me.:D

18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

It's not the same world. Things have changed and having a feeder class like this is becoming the new norm. Do you think American roadracing is as successful as it was back then?

19. Seems like a good bike for kids to race, and I'm glad that they're keeping the motors sealed.:up:

20. caferace

caferace No.

Sez the dude with a fork in his forehead. I think Shaneekqwa has been giving you a lobotomy one fork at a time.

-jim