Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTW - when you are talking about the point when a group of cells with potential becomes an actual human person, semantics matter a lot. So yeah I'm arguing specific words because specifics are pretty much the entirety of this discussion.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Please show me then where I ever once stated that it already is a human being. Please show me.

Talk about pointing out the stupid or in this case the delusion. You must be pointing into a mirror you are standing in front of.
    In your case a silver platter. :D

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

And it still does not change the fact that life begins at conception and that abortion kills life.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So do antibiotics. :moon:

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not disputing this.:dead: :moon:

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Ranting is telling me my opinion and being wrong about it, then telling me it's wrong but without any basis of why. Ranting is claiming I never addressed the same issue right after you posted it! Ranting is still on the same issue with the wrong accusations and debating semantics two pages later.

The liar were your own words again, go look them up and show me your proof in which to rewrite the biology books.

"I've agreed all along that a zygote is a potential human person." Now you say this but you also posited "potential" was a moot point but flipped then flopped and now seem to have flipped again. Your basis premise is "It's a clump of cells that is not human" but all along you have agreed. Or else you have changed your opinion. I hope not as watching Mongo go full retard is funny. :crackup:

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

They will have to address the issue with the flurry of changes in all the state laws (NY, VA, AL, LA, MO, GA)as all will be contested. If they are smart, it will be all/end all decision like Heller v DC. The science that "has been agreed all along" now makes Roe v Wade a relic as dna and the embryology was not know at that time.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So to you is it a human being/person or not?

What exactly are you arguing? Yes the cells are human cells, yes they are alive, yes an abortion kills those cells, who has said differently?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since you seem to be actively trying to misunderstand to somehow further some point in your head I will amend my comment you quoted above. "It's a clump of cells that is not A human PERSON." In context at the time it was absolutely clear what I meant to most everyone and I hope this clarifies it for you. I actually find it sad but oddly funny that you think I'm stupid enough to think that those cells are something other than human cells or somehow not living cells. I didn't think I came off as that big an idiot on here.

No change in opinion. I rarely do and I never will in instances like this without further real evidence, quoting stuff that is currently out there and hasn't changed in decades definitely won't have any effect.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly I think RvW covers it all well enough and the new state laws won't get past the lower courts. DNA and embryology don't change anything about the point where the courts would consider an embryo to be it's own unique human person with rights per the constitution.

The Indiana thing is interesting, it seems like the parts they'll consider really have nothing to do with the RvW or abortion debate overall but I'll have to read more on it when I have some time.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Didn’t know I was arguing. Just stating my fact based on actual science opinion.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're still too general on it. Is it a human person or not?

As for arguing, come on man, don't lie to yourself :crackup:

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t think that it is a human person. Only that it has the potential to become one. Which is good enough for me.

Sad but true. :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

stk0308 and scottn like this.
  16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

If you say so...now, 50Joe. You did try the apple to human comparison, that was pretty stupid. So are you okay with abortion up until the moment it's a person. Any reason or are there limits such as sex, down's syndrome, etc?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you agree with me. Smart man :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've posted my opinion on where the line is repeatedly.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So did that hamburger you just had.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

What part of “don’t care about the other shitload of stuff” (that you directly quoted me stating), don’t you understand. Other then hamburger came from a once living animal and not just from a simple clump of cells. I love eating dead animals.

Last edited: May 29, 2019