1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone else excited for this season? Tomac is back, both Lawrences in 450s. Webb on the Yamaha. Sexton on the KTM. Prado in for a few rounds. Two new manufacturers in the series.

It's all shaping up to be pretty exciting. Just hope everyone stays healthy.

[​IMG]

ajcjr, TurboBlew, evakat and 3 others like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Agreed, hopefully they can all stay injury-free and make for a great season.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

can't wait. hoping everyone stays healthy.

and of course I still want AP7 to win one!!!! :)

evakat, Once a Wanker.. and cpettit like this.
  4. backbone

backbone scarred for life

2 new MF's, I heard about Triumph, who else?

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Beta

Once a Wanker.. and backbone like this.
  6. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Wow, unexpected but cool.

7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think it looks pretty cool. I like the white tank.

[​IMG]

ajcjr, Once a Wanker.. and backbone like this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I've been all in, reading everything I can find. The video made at the Tomac compound was pretty good. Hayden and his Dad stayed out there to ride with Eli for a while. First time I've ever seen much of the Tomac ranch, as they've been so private about everything they do. I'll find it and share it here later on today. Got some PT exercises of my own to get to now.

YamahaRick, brex and backbone like this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I got it.

YamahaRick and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

It’s going to be glorious to watch Team Honda demolish the competition each weekend, again. Jett is my new Valentino Rossi. I LOVE watching Sexton think he has a shot at beating Jett.
    When you see the print ad marketing Yamaha (dirt bikes) is doing industry wide you’ll understand why their Motogp program is lagging a bit.

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Jett and Hunter will be a challenge, to be sure. I am not a Jett guy. But I do like Hunter quite a bit.

On Pulp, someone was saying that Malcolm Stewart has been hauling ass at the practice track and that the Austrian group thinks he has a good shot of winning A1. A1 can always get a little weird with the winner not being a title contender.

12. Once a Wanker..

As shared in the Moto GP silly season discussion on here, this announcement will not have any impact on the U.S. '24 SX, MX, or SMX season. I am thinking we may see some new engineering and technological changes in the FIM Motocross World MXGP Championships with Ducati entering the series. Certainly some of what they figure out for their 'factory works' race bikes will make it to their production bikes.
    https://twitter.com/autosport/status/1737885021308916176?s=20

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a rear squatting device on the Ducati to match the holeshot front device, along with engine black magic fuckery.

Circacee and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  14. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I’m going to A1. Definitely going to be an interesting season, worth watching every week.

TurboBlew and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Been in mx, sx for quite awhile, all mfgr's. race divisions. Ski

Senna and YamahaRick like this.
  16. Once a Wanker..

Ecu stuff, yes. Eli's Yamaha had a button that was not a kill switch on his left handlebar last year. Active rear suspension, not so much yet.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Anyone going to A1, pass by the MotoXXX pits and listen to a band called The Dollheads.

18. skidooboy

There has been mechanical aids to lower the rear suspension for starts, just like the "holeshot buttons" on the front suspension, for years. even average joe's can buy them now, if they so desire. Look it up "motocross rear holeshot device". Ski

Senna likes this.
  19. skidooboy

And as far as the left side button... Again, been around for years, hotter, or softer start map, depending on conditions, and or ignition cut off switch, for clutchless upshifts, for starts... Put pressure on the shifter, push the button for ignition cut off, bike shifts up. Hell, I had that on my 2006 yz450f supermoto bike, from 07-10. Ski

Senna likes this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the talent pool is deep