1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

What a ride by Kickstart Kenny.

2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

God, I hate hearing Leigh say that. Just stupid. like Stew saying "I'm feelin dangerous". dumb as hell. Ski

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

But are you??? :D

Once a Wanker.. and skidooboy like this.
  4. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

It just seems like by watching that Jett is in another league. Not sure how long he can keep it up, but you can see the difference between him and everyone else. I miss seeing sexton P1 on qualifying. Last year he would put it on top by quite a bit, he’d always throw it away in the race but the guy could turn a stellar lap. As long as Jett doesn’t get hurt, I’m sure this is his championship.

5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

We all know one race doesn't make someone a SX Champion, though.

Senna likes this.
  6. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I had an issue with this, they never did that when stew would do a big quad or anything else nobody would do for that matter.

backbone and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anderson and Webb kept him pretty honest in the main. I really would have liked to see what Webb could do if he got past Ando.

SX seems to be at a transition point like MotoGP was when Marquez came in. The other contenders outside of Chase are all veterans and towards the end of their careers. It might be 3-5 years before a crop of riders shows up that can really give Jett fits over a season. Deegan is probably the last great American hope for a while, lol.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

17 year old Julien Beaumer impressed me with his holeshots and 6th place.

backbone, Circacee and Senna like this.
  9. Dillonjohnson

Ya, and that crash Webb pulled looked like it f'in hurt! Can only do that so many times...I like deegan though, he's clearly put all his time towards it, and did well last season. Time will tell i suppose. That Beaumer kid did great too, which makes me wonder what ever happened to Mcadoo? That dude was fast too, and could take some serious hits and hop right back on.

10. skidooboy

Deegan is fast in situations, no doubt but, his dad protects him hence, that is why he is racing east instead of west. Historically the west field is faster, more dominant. I can hear them at home... But dad, I can beat them all. That may be little Deegs but, let's get you a for sure championship this year, then go to west or 450 next year. With all the hype, danger boy this, and danger boy that, then the debacle with the claiming event scandle, and the on and off track, in fighting with Jordan Smith last season... Nope, I cant get onboard with that group. They are not team players, they are all about ME! Ski

11. Dillonjohnson

I get it, but at the end of the day it all is about money, so i can't blame them. It just the way sports are anymore, there is no loyalty. All that hype everyone is building is likely putting money into their pockets, which is the end goal for the vast majority of the real pros.

12. Dillonjohnson

On a side note, did anyone see Karnow's leg after that tangle? Thing was twisted like 180 degrees!!

cpettit likes this.
  13. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I meant he got up to 8th, then fell back. To ninth.

skidooboy likes this.
  14. skidooboy

Just messin with ya!

Ski

15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The bike claiming stuff was really not a good look...at all. I go back and forth on whether I like Deegan or not.

skidooboy and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Cooper Webb on the Pulp show said he worked with some doctors who found he had a thyroid issue along with parasites. Sounds like that's a big reason why he lost so much weight post-Paris.

17. skidooboy

I just saw where there is a report Haiden Deegan suffered a scaphoid injury, in December, and may or may not be ready to race the east coast 250 sx series, when it starts in February at Detroit. Even though I am not a fan, it sucks to see this happen to anyone at any part of their career. The scaphoid is a terrible bone to break, it has a poor and fragile blood supply going to it, and if not fully healed properly, can lead to a non union, and permanent issues. Time will tell I guess. Ski

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I hope he races SX. Like him or not, he’s exciting to watch.

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

20. Once a Wanker..

100% Mud race tonight!

No Friday press day riding yesterday.

Senna likes this.