1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

You might be confusing Hayden Schultz and Blake Davis.

2. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

Cory did have a leak, but he never had a slip and there wasn’t an oil bath in the lower. Just residual blown around inside lower fairing. I don’t THINK people fell in his oil, if he didn’t feel anything on his own rear tire.

Peter Hively likes this.
  3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Last I heard in the broadcast was that he (B. Davis) couldn't restart because of the route he took back to the pits (service roads)

koth442, SuddenBraking and Nathey like this.
  4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I just pulled up the Twins race #2 on Youtube and it was #22 - Blake Davis that had something leaking and caused the 5-6 bikes to crash after him in the same corner.

6:10 in they approach the corner - 5 racers down, and another 2 after it was "cleaned up" for the restart.

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That was crazy, you were completely blinded coming off NASCAR 4. I just looked at the yellow line on the left and kept it pinned. That would have been scary in the draft! The shadows were a little crazy going into the chicane, too, but that's easier to ignore. Good racing with you again, Jerry!

JJJerry likes this.
  6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Fortunately for you, social media is occupied with Herrin running out of gas and the guy who burned two bikes to the ground at Jennings from putting a space heater underneath, so you've been granted a pass!

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The crew was fixing Blake's bike after the crash until they told them he was dq so I don't think the fluid was from his bike but I could be wrong

Nathey likes this.
  8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

You're thinking of Blake Davis. Hayden won that race. Blake was the first to crash, but it wasn't his fault. Announcers made an assumption but later on it was determined that it was Cory's bike that leaked on the warm-up lap. Blake's bike was totally fine and they had it ready to go but they didn't let him restart because he took the service road back to the paddock instead of continuing around the track to hot pit...which apparently is against the rules.

Often times the announcers are all over the place and they assume things. It can be misleading sometimes. On the broadcast during the red flag they were also saying Gus Rodio has probably crashed too because the cameraman was showing him and his bike and there was some crash damage on his suit and his bike, but that was from a track day at Roebling just before Daytona. He hadn't crashed at Daytona, otherwise we would've been hustling to get his bike fixed in pit lane, but all was well.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    SundaySocial and Nathey like this.
  9. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

When you have a race at 6:00 pm before daylight savings time changes...that'll happen. If only they would've done a typical weekend Friday - Sunday instead of Thursday - Saturday, then you would've had an extra hour of daylight on Sunday :)

SundaySocial and JJJerry like this.
  10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Ah this all makes sense now. Thanks fellas. Y’all are absolutely right, I mixed Blake and Hayden up. But now it all makes more sense. I guess I assumed they might know more than us watching at home from pit reporters feeding info up to the booth but obviously not the case in this situation.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The MA staff were on their hands and knees inspecting the chicane, and there was no speedy dry put down. I'm not saying there wasn't anything there, but they didn't find anything. All 3 of our riders said the grip was poor, most likely from the low track temp and the fact that twins cant load the tire as much as the 120+ hp bikes that the 180/60 Dunlops are made for. We monitored tire temps during practice and were losing heat while we circulated.

12. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

That rider went down in Turn 1 at the start. Picked it up and kept going.

418, tophyr and DrA5 like this.
  13. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

first time i watched a 200 in years, good race!! thanks!

henry_carlson and cav115 like this.
  14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

NICE WORK!

JJJerry likes this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Pit stops

Paasch at 19 & 39 no tires at the 2nd with fastest lap of the race on 42 a 1:49.9
    Peterson at 16 & 35
    Morias at 16 & 34
    Hayes at 17 & 36
    Herrin at 19 & 36
    Eslick at 20 & 37
    Escalante at 13 & 33
    May at 19 & 38

Not sure what to gather here but maybe Paasch used the draft better than most to save gas and tires?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, a Partridge would still understand fear. Racers not so much... :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was wondering about that too. Originally thought just hearing about it the fluid probably came from Blakes crash but looking at the video with the last group crashing in a totally different spot it had to be either someone ahead of him or from a prior lap.

SundaySocial and sbk1198 like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That makes sense. Sucks for everyone.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First bike down was Blake Davis and he was out because he took the infield back.