1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Aa I watched "tophyr" start going the wrong way with a racer approaching the chicane... I was envisioning tophyr trying to make a big left hand turn to get back on track just as the other racer was coming through the chicane at speed!!!

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

In my experience (as one, and from dealing with them) a crashed racer, jacked on adrenaline is usually functioning on 1, maybe 2 brain cells. Right up there with a Partridge on the intelligence scale. :D

stk0308, steved57 and koth442 like this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

I think the only reason it looked scary is because at first we weren't sure if the Chris was in full possession of his faculties. The sudden sharp right turn before hitting the hot track confirmed that he was. :D

stk0308, TurboBlew and noles19 like this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Out of curiosity, have the Aprilia boys got their reliability issues sorted out?

Admittedly I don't follow the Twins stuff close but it seemed like every time I turned around of those things was blowing up last year.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Exactly! I was yelling no no no! Out of the blue Until he turned, my gf looked at me like I was crazy

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

My memory may be a bit fuzzy, but the only one I seem to recall having many issues last year was Jody Barry. He just seemed unfortunately stricken with bad luck a few times last year. But the others seemed ok from what I remember.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Gus rodios dad was praising their reliability on Facebook last night, I believe once the connecting rod issue was fixed with the early bikes they have been solid

418 likes this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

Ah maybe that's what I was thinking of...

9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Jody had issues with overheating, I think other guys had it too.

Didnt seem like an issue at Daytona

noles19 and 418 like this.
  10. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Did it ever come to light just what happened with the Yamaha R7 that leaked fluid into that right hander and caused all of the carnage? - even after the restart more bikes went down.

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

@tophyr hey atleast all is well and you got a cool sig on the wera bbs "d200 reverse track guy" :)

backbone, 5axis, evakat and 2 others like this.
  12. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

upload_2022-3-14_16-21-56.png

27 and G 97 like this.
  13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

From my understanding you ONLY got paid if you crossed the line after 57 laps. Even at 56, you don't get paid.

14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Finish on lead lap or just take the checkers?

15. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

You think Karl was yelling " it ain't got no gas in it " when they were trying to start the Ducaca ?:crackup:

Mot Okstef likes this.
  16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I am calm. But as someone else said, this isn't fun since you owned up to it and recognized the mistake rather than making a bunch of excuses lol I was ready for this to end up in another 20 pages of flaming in typical beeb fashion! lol I've also seen people do some real dumb shit before, like when someone drove a jeep on the track at Summit Point right as a race I was in started because they wanted to take a shortcut or something to get out of the paddock! So nothing really surprises me anymore, but you can imagine how many people watching that race had a big WTF moment when they saw you do that. Glad nothing happened to anyone after that (well besides the DQ). There were enough people this weekend who had their day/weekend ruined in that chicane as it is.

17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

It was Ventura's bike. When I was in pit lane I heard one of the grid marshals say something about bike #28 was smoking on the warm-up lap. I'm not sure if Cory ended up starting that race or not, but evidently he spilled something on the warm-up lap and then on the first lap of the race a bunch of people crashed in the chicane.

18. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

First time racing at Daytona was pretty awesome for me. I was about as competitive as I expected to me (in race 1 anyway), had a really fun 4-way ding dong for 21st ! The lack of good track time wasn’t ideal, but I thought MA did as good of a job as could be expected trying to keep the show running.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is the low sun in Twins race 2. NASCAR 4 and the west horseshoe - I was completely blinded by the sun. That was a first for me - 0/10 do not recommend.

koth442, JBall, stk0308 and 8 others like this.
  19. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

KneeDragger_c69, koth442 and tophyr like this.
  20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Wait, wasn’t it schultzs bike they originally thought had the leak? He was the first one down right? Announcers made it sound like it was his bike and that they wouldn’t let him restart since his bike caused the issue and it still wasn’t made safe to go. If that’s so, was that a fuck up on MA’s part? Don’t doubt what you’re saying, just curious because it sounds different than what they were saying on the broadcast.